|Date Posted||April 30, 2021|
Call Centre / CustomerService
Trades & Services
Exceptional opportunity for individual with strong accounting skills to join our company and work with the CEO to develop financial systems and flow that will take us into coming expansion.
ChuteMaster Environmental Inc is an industry leader in Indoor Environmental Services, with an extensive list of customers covering the East Coast from Maine through Florida. ChuteMaster is headquartered in Union, New Jersey with local branches throughout the country.
Our team is growing and we are looking for a take-charge, hands-on leader to join us and make a real contribution to our continuing success. This newly created position will report directly to senior management and will grow into further financial division responsibilities. You'll be making a big impact on how we work and assisting in reviewing the work of the team, ensuring accuracy, timeliness and financial standards are met.
This is an exciting opportunity to be an integral part of a successful and growing company.
We are seeking a career-minded individual, and our goal is to find our future Controller or Financial Executive.
What you will do:
- Handle the activity, accuracy, and effectiveness of the general ledger accounting functions.
- Perform month end closing functions including posting of adjusting journal entries and analysis/reconciliation of balance sheet and profit/loss accounts.
- Compile financial information to create monthly, quarterly, and year-end financial statements.
- Assist in payroll preparation.
- Develop strong relationships with company personnel to provide support and information sharing on a regular basis as appropriate.
- Assist in the preparation of budgets, reviews, updates, and analysis including the annual business plan, projections, and special project analysis.
- Develop proficiency in A/R and A/P processes/procedures to be able to provide backup for these areas when needed.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations and cash-flow projections.
- Ensure compliance with federal and state tax laws and regulations and filing of appropriate tax returns.
- Evaluate accounting and office staff needs and hire/fire accordingly.
A bit about you:
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Accounting; CPA certification is a plus.
- 3+ years of progressively responsible experience in relevant accounting roles.
- You have a strong knowledge of accounting systems, generally accepted accounting principles, payroll, and budgeting.
- Fluency in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc. Experience with Sage and Salesforce is a plus
- You are focused, disciplined and super organized with a high level of personal enthusiasm and self-motivation.
- You can maintain momentum on our big picture goals and projects as well as jump into day to day tasks.
- Exhibit exceptional interpersonal skills with a proven ability to work effectively across all levels of an organization.
- You have high personal integrity and a strong work ethic.
- You possess a strong analytical background with strategic thinking capabilities and attention to detail.
What we offer:
- High visibility role with a tremendous amount of growth potential
- Competitive benefit options which includes: health, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, 401K, PTO & Sick days