|Date Posted||May 13, 2021|
Trades & Services
A key position for a growing construction company, the Accounting Manager will lead the billing, contract administration, and job costing for the company. Responsibilities include managing a team of billing specialists; interacting with project management groups; overseeing daily accounts receivable, contract administration, and job costing; reporting to Corporate Controller, and supporting executive decision making through accurate and timely financial reports.
This is a hands-on position with a growing organization. The successful candidate must be willing and able to complete a broad scope of accounting and administrative activities. Candidate will also support company growth by identifying and implementing improvements to processes, procedures, and internal controls.
- Support, mentor, and lead construction billing related staff
- Spearhead the client draw process (A/R), includes supplying AIA docs
- Oversee accounts receivable/billing approvals
- Manage the job costing process
- Coordinate with project management teams and accounting team to maintain balanced project budgets, working with subcontractors
- Maintain accuracy of the accounting software and the paired construction management system
ATTRIBUTES & SKILLS
- Must have team leadership experience
- Attention to detail, with the ability to think critically and strategically
- Effective written and oral communications skills
- Strong problem solving and multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
- Must be a strong project-based accountant/bookkeeper/controller
- Strong technical skills with a solid knowledge of construction accounting systems
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- An undergraduate degree in Business Administration, Finance, or Accounting
- Construction industry experience required; 8+ years of Accounting/Finance experience
Since 1986, Morgan Hunter has served Kansas City-area employers to help them meet a range of hiring needs, from temporary stafﬁng to direct-hire placements. Thoughtful and thorough in our approach, we're also responsive and efﬁcient, creating a tailored hiring experience for both employer and job seeker-because everyone deserves to ﬁnd the right ﬁt.