|Date Posted||April 28, 2021|
Trades & Services
Lindsay Corporation is a global company, headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska, focused on providing irrigation and infrastructure solutions to meet the needs of a growing population. As one of the world's leading providers of irrigation and water management, it's Zimmatic systems are operating in more than 90 countries. Lindsay Corporation's infrastructure division offers a wide range of products that aid in roadway maintenance and transportation safety. Since 1955, Lindsay Corporation has been at the forefront of research and development of products and services designed to meet the needs of a constantly evolving world.
Must pass G. E. Qualification Test. Wire welding on a variety of metals and alloys for assemblies to meet strength and pressure requirements using aluminum. Positions, aligns, and fits together fabricated plates, structural shapes, and weldments preparatory to assembly into structural fabricated products. Operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal segments, using processes such as gas tungsten arc, gas metal arc, plasma arc. Determine required equipment and welding methods, applying knowledge of metallurgy, geometry and welding techniques.
Analyze engineering drawings, blueprints, specifications, sketches, work orders, and material safety data sheets to plan layout, assembly and welding operations to recognize deviations from allowable tolerances, as well as correct them or report them.
- Weld components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions.
- Ignite torches or start power supplies and strike arcs by touching electrodes to metals being welded, completing electrical circuits.
- Clamp, hold, tack-weld, heat-bend, grind and/or bolt component parts to obtain required configurations and positions for welding.
- Detect faulty operation of equipment and/or defective materials, and notify supervisors.
- Monitor the fitting, burning, and welding processes to avoid overheating of parts or warping, shrinking, distortion, or expansion of material.
- Examine workpieces for defects, and measure workpieces with straightedges or templates to ensure conformance with specifications.
- Recognize, set up, and operate hand and power tools common to the welding trade, such as shielded metal arc and gas metal arc welding equipment.
- Lay out, position, align, and secure parts and assemblies prior to assembly, using straightedges, combination squares, calipers, and rulers.
- Chip or grind off excess weld, slag, or spatter, using hand scrapers or power chippers, portable grinders, or arc-cutting equipment.
- Connect and turn regulator valves to activate and adjust gas flow and pressure so that desired flames are obtained.
- Mark and/or tag material with proper job number, piece marks, and other identifying marks as required.
- Prepare all material surfaces to be welded, ensuring that there is no loose or thick scale, slag, rust, moisture, grease, or other foreign matter using wire brushes, portable grinders, or chemical baths.
- Position and secure workpieces, using hoists, cranes, wire, and banding machines or hand tools.
- Repair products by dismantling, straightening, reshaping, and reassembling parts, using cutting torches, straightening presses, and hand tools.
- Dismantle metal assemblies or cut scrap metal, using thermal-cutting equipment such as flame-cutting torches or plasma-arc equipment.
- Check grooves, angles, or gap allowances, using micrometers, calipers, and precision measuring instruments.
- Gouge metals using the air-arc gouging process.
- Guide and direct flames or electrodes on or across workpieces to straighten, bend, melt, or build up metal.
- Use fire suppression methods in industrial emergencies.
- Operate metal shaping, straightening, and bending machines such as brakes and shears.
- Performs routine duties and other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to work overtime and weekends as required by the Team Leader and to meet our customer needs.
- Must be able to perform the Total Productive Maintenance function for every machine necessary to perform their respective job.
- Must follow all safety rules and regulations, including the reporting of any hazards, violations, or injuries to your Team Leader no matter how minor.
- Must operate safety equipment and help provide a safe working environment by maintaining good housekeeping practices.
- Responsibilities include use of the Quality System for continuous improvement.
- Understands Quality Policy and how it relates to the job.
- Must be able to set heat and wire speed.
- Must be able to read and complete quality control check sheets.
- Must adhere to all quality standards and be able to use and understand all simple Quality tools.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Interpersonal - Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Goal Oriented - Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result.
- Initiative - Ability to make decisions or take actions to solve a problem or reach a goal.
- Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
What makes Lindsay unique?
- Committed to sustainable practices to save energy and use fewer resources daily
- Dedicated to innovation to achieve growth through advanced technology
- Locations across the US and internationally
- Teamwork, employee appreciation, stable career path, and growth opportunities
Apply TODAY at
Lindsay Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action emplyer and maintains a drug free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristics protected by law.
All qualified applicants will recieve consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Lindsay Corporation does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider uncolicited referrals and/or resumes from vendors including and without limitations, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies. Lindsay Corporation will not pay a fee to a recruiter or agency that does not have a signed vendor agreement with Lindsay Corporation. Any resume or CV submitted to any employees of Lindsay Corporation without having a vendor agreement in place will be considered property of Lindsay Corporation. Lindsay Corporation will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.