|Date Posted||May 12, 2021|
Trades & Services
POSITION SUMMARY: The Area Sales Manager is responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with distributors and dealers, generating awareness of, demand for, and sales of AZEK and TimberTech products among builders, architects, remodelers, contractors/installers (i.e. end users) in their geographic area of responsibility. This is not a managerial position, rather this sales position is an individual contributor role that reports to a Regional Sales Manager for the Southwest region. Must be knowledgeable in all aspects of products, application, value proposition, and channel to market strategy for both AZEK and TimberTech lines.
• Develop and manage a target/conversion list of dealers, architects, builders, remodelers and contractors/installers.
• Maintain aggressive end user call schedule throughout the year; meet with end users to generate awareness and understanding of AZEK's/TimberTech's existing and new products and services.
• Provide in-field training to builders, remodelers, installers and other end users as appropriate.
• Develop and maintain relationships with select dealers and their dealer sales representatives (key dealers in the geography).
• Schedule and conduct field sales calls with dealer and distribution representatives.
• Develop and maintain relationships with distributor management and distributor sales representatives. Schedule and conduct end user events at the dealer yard
• Create distributor plans, monitor performance and take corrective action when necessary.
• Train dealer and distributor representatives (if not performed by distributor representatives).
• Consult with distributors and dealers regarding usage of marketing and promotional funds
• Respond to end user questions and inquiries about products, product availability (i.e. where to buy), applications and terms on a timely basis
• Actively participate in the resolution of customer concerns/complaints. Assist in the warranty claims process in the field by sending data and information to the Warranty team/Customer Service Department.
• Induce end users to trial AZEK/TimberTech products and convert them to ongoing customers.
• Generate, track and coordinate opportunities (leads) with the appropriate local dealers and their sales representatives; Assist in creation and/or maintenance of product displays in the field.
• Act as a representative at trade shows nationally and/or regionally.
• Prepare sales analysis reports; Maintain and update Outlook calendar reflecting all appointments and schedules. Create and maintain customer records using our automated systems (i.e. CRM)
• Keeps supervisor informed of key issues/changes occurring in assigned territory such as: competitor programs/products/actions, changes in dealers/distributors, dealer personnel, etc.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree preferred but not required
- Bilingual English-Spanish desirable.
- Experience: 3-10+ years related outside sales experience