|Date Posted||May 12, 2021|
Mining / Oil / Gas
Responsible for the management of the accounting for the development, construction and operations of wind and solar generating facilities and their related activities. Also responsible of the accounting for corporate activities and accounts payable functions.
- Ensure that all relevant transactions, including intracompany and intercompany, are properly and timely recorded and classified in accordance with IFRS, US GAAP, and company accounting policies.
- Facilitate efficient coordination between the Project Accounting and Corporate Accounting teams.
- Facilitate communication of the supervised teams with the Consolidation and Reporting team for relevant topics
- Coordinate with Settlement, Central Maintenance, Construction Management and other departments to develop the necessary systems to ensure that all information for proper recording and classification of transactions is developed and accessible.
- Analyze complex contractual arrangements, both internal and with third parties, to determine accounting treatments.
- Review configuration of EDPR system to insure proper recording of transactions. Propose improvement and coordinate with implementation team.
- Coordinate relevant requests and communications with external and internal auditors
- Recommends improvements to policies, procedures and automation
- Develops reports for financial and management reporting, analysis, forecasting, and trending
- Supervise and train staff
- Additional duties as required
PEOPLE: 3 - 4 Direct Reports
REQUIRED EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree in Accounting or a related field
REQUIRED PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE: 10+ years of relevant experience
REQUIRED LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION: CPA or equivalent preferred
- Statistical and analytical skills
- Problem-solving ability
- Ability to communicate in Spanish (preferred)
- Understanding of Microsoft products and/or complementing products preferred.
- Competency in Analytical Problem Solving, Strong Communication, Customer/Partner Relationships, and Technology Expertise preferred
Physical demands & working conditions:
- Sitting/Standing/Flexibility: Ability to stand and sit for 8 or more hours when in an office environment
- Speech/Reading: Ability to speak, read, and write English proficiently and deliver a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram, or schedule form
- Lifting: Ability to lift items weighing up to 10 pounds
- Vision/Hearing: Ability to understand a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram, or schedule form
- Safety: Ability to understand and communicate safety precautions when necessary