|Date Posted||September 2, 2021|
The Aerospace Corporation is the trusted partner to the nation's space programs, solving the hardest problems and providing unmatched technical expertise. As the operator of a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC), we are broadly engaged across all aspects of space- delivering innovative solutions that span satellite, launch, ground, and cyber systems for defense, civil and commercial customers. When you join our team, you'll be part of a special collection of problem solvers, thought leaders, and innovators. Join us and take your place in space.
At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration - to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves.
The Systems Engineering Division (SED) provides unmatched experience in systems engineering to the U.S. government and to numerous public and private agencies, universities, nonprofit organizations, consortia, and commercial companies involved in the advanced application of space technology. From systems architecture development to system analysis and optimization, astrodynamics, orbital debris, navigation, failure analysis, mission assurance, cost and schedule assessment, and economic market analysis, SED exploits an incredibly broad array of engineering and business disciplines against a diverse and dynamic portfolio of programs and national challenges.
The System-of-Systems Engineering (SOSE) Office provides a wide array of architectural and portfolio analysis capabilities and integrates expertise and other system analysis and design capabilities from across the Aerospace Engineering and Technology Group (ETG) to support our most enterprise-focused customers' acquisition, portfolio, and cross-system architectural decisions.
What You'll Be Doing
- Provide direct management to the overall System-Of-Systems Engineering (SOSE) Office staff and engage in direct engagement with our enterprise-focused customers in the National Capital Region
- Recruit candidates to grow the SOSE Office staff to meet ever-growing demand across the Aerospace customer base
- Provide engineering and analytical support to government customers in the areas of enterprise and systems architecture and SOSE
- Convert customer expressed problems into tasks that can be supported by SOSE teammates in Colorado Springs, CO; Chantilly, VA; Albuquerque NM, and El Segundo, CA
- Independently conduct long-range technical studies to solve new technical problems or provide new technical solutions and report findings
- Lead cross-organizational teams and organize interfaces with Aerospace program offices and/or government customers
- Use the Strategic and Innovation leadership competencies to facilitate the deployment/implementation of existing Aerospace tools and frameworks to help solve enterprise-level government customer problems
What You Need to be Successful
- Bachelor's degree in science, mathematics or engineering degree program
- A track record (typically 12 or more years) of increasingly responsible professional engineering/scientific experience, including multi-disciplinary systems engineering and/or program management environments
- Demonstrated participation in broad, multidisciplinary teams involving system design, acquisition and/or operations in one or more of the following areas: satellite systems, ground systems, launch systems, spacecraft buses, and spacecraft payloads
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, adapt quickly to change, be comfortable with ambiguity, and demonstrate initiative under pressure
- Willing to travel domestically approx. 10% or less
- This position requires a current and active TS/SCI security clearance, which is issued by the US government. U.S citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance
How You Can Stand Out
It would be impressive if you have one or more of these:
- MS or PhD degree in an accredited science, mathematics or engineering
- Strong knowledge of systems-of-systems (SoS) engineering and architecting and model-based system engineering (MBSE) discipline, literature, tools, and processes
- Prior experience with portfolio management tools and processes
- Prior experience with related Aerospace architecting and design capabilities (CDC, PDST, various performance, cost, and risk analysis tools, etc.)
- Demonstrated leadership experience in a small- to medium-sized team environment, including prior management experience with a geographically dispersed team
- Extensive knowledge of the breadth and depth of ETG's technical capabilities and customer base with the ability to support from remote Aerospace locations
Ways We Reward Our Employees
During your interview process, our team will provide details of our industry-leading benefits.
Benefits vary and are applicable based on Job Type. A few highlights include:
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans
- Paid holidays, sick time, and vacation
- Standard and alternate work schedules, including telework options
- 401(k) Plan - Employees receive a total company-paid benefit of 8%, 10%, or 12% of eligible compensation based on years of service and matching contributions; employees are immediately eligible and vested in the plan upon hire
- Flexible spending accounts
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Education assistance programs
- An inclusive work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other-the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at or by email at . You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement . - provided by Dice