|Date Posted||April 29, 2021|
Call Centre / CustomerService
Trades & Services
Automotive Fleet Technician
We service Beaufort County's entire equipment fleet from small-engines, Ambulance, and light-duty vehicles
Our Fleet consists of Ford, Dodge, Chevy, and other Domestic and non-Domestic brands.
Shift schedule: Monday - Friday 7:30am - 4:30pm
We're Proud to Offer You:
- $18.13 - $24.84 per hour based on experience & qualifications (NOT flat rate)
- ASE certification bonus money & company-paid ASE testing and training materials
- Consistent full-time, year-round work
- An excellent benefits package including medical, vision, and dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan
- Paid holidays, vacation, & sick time
- Annual allowances for boots and prescription safety glasses
- Ongoing company training on state-of-the-art online system
- Opportunities for career advancement nationwide
- A great work environment!
As a First Vehicle Services Mechanic, You'll Be Responsible For:
- Performing vehicle maintenance to First Vehicle Services Standards of Excellence
- Communicating professionally with customers, team members, and supervisors
- Diagnosing all phases of vehicle and equipment repair
- Remove, clean, repair, reinstall and adjust vehicle components: • Engine repair and diagnosis • Engine emission components (State certification) • Driveline components • Electrical/ electronic components • Brakes/ suspension/ steering/ exhaust • Cab/ chassis • Hydraulics • Various Scan tool proficient
- Ensuring work orders are completed accurately
- Evaluating completed work prior to release
- Performing road calls and emergency services as necessary
- Moving vehicles safely between job and work area
- Managing parts rooms
- Properly using state of the art paperless maintenance system
- Actively participating in safety and educational training as required
You'll Need to Have:
- Minimum of one (1) to three (3) years of direct automotive repair experience. ·
- Must have demonstrated experience monitoring and meeting PM schedules and operating automotive repair shop equipment.
- Technical school training is a plus!
- Valid driver's license
- Appropriate mechanic's toolset
- ASE certifications preferred. Must be willing to obtain while employed (company training & bonuses provided!)
- Subject to a drug screen
So, Who Are We?
We are First Vehicle Services (A Division of FirstGroup America) - a leader in diverse fleet management and maintenance throughout North America. Since 1981, we've provided efficient and cost-effective vehicle management and maintenance services to governments, school districts, petrochemical companies, transit agencies, airports, universities, and private organizations across the United States.
Don't Wait! Apply Today!
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. FirstGroup is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.