|Date Posted||April 30, 2021|
Call Centre / CustomerService
Trades & Services
Boiler Technician - Midland, TX
Certarus USA Ltd ("Certarus"), a leader in the delivery of natural gas fuel, has an opening for a Boiler Technician to join their team. Certarus is a leader in providing a fully integrated compressed natural gas (CNG) solution for the North American commercial and industrial markets. Our primary business is the creation of a "Natural Gas Virtual Pipeline" through the compression, transportation, and integration of CNG for the energy services, mining, forestry, and industrial sectors. Our solutions target diesel and propane fuel displacement projects to lower operating costs and reduce environmental impact.
The Boiler Technician will be responsible for the safe operation of Certarus' CNG equipment in Midland, TX. This position reports directly to the Shop Supervisor. The role will be accountable for supporting the boiler operations & maintenance used in CNG process equipment. A Boiler Technician delivers technical support for the efficient and optimum operations of the boiler system.
- The position involves travel to Certarus locations including but not limited to Midland/Odessa, TX
- Up-to 75% travel to Certarus Hubs in the United States
- Normal working hours, with on-call hours as necessary
- Contributing to the overall maintenance and troubleshooting of boiler systems in the region, while contributing to a safe working environment
- Preventative maintenance on various boiler systems, equipment, and controls
- Subject matter expert on boilers, providing in person and remote support
- Prepare boilers for quarterly/annual inspections
- Perform startup, operation, and shut down procedures for all boilers
- Interpret electrical schematics, mechanical drawings, blueprints, and layouts
- Furnish calibration gases and perform quarterly calibration of LEL sensors
- Lending mechanical and technical services on boiler equipment at Certarus hubs and customer sites
- Assist engineering to improve design & reliability, and support in product line development as related to boilers.
- Ensure that internal policies and government safety and regulatory standards are met
- Other duties as assigned
- 3-5 years of successful boiler experience including knowledge of various boilers and related equipment
- Commercial, industrial gas fired boiler service experience, or residential experience in boiler systems. Preference being commercial experience.
- Must have experience with combustion analyzers for setting up boiler systems
- Applicable experience includes domestic hot water and pool boilers
- Boiler Operators license/ticket can be substituted in lieu of experience
- Controls experience (including PLC's, transformers, transmitters, etc.) is an asset
- Broad knowledge of boiler controls including Bosch, and Raypak
- A strong team-player with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Candidates must be able to pass a thorough criminal background check, Fit-for-Duty, and D&A screen to be considered for employment
Certarus embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way and considers qualifications, merit, and business needs in our hiring decisions. Certarus is and will remain an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Certarus offers a competitive compensation package, including benefits and 401K plans as well as employee ownership opportunities. Above all, we offer unlimited career advancement opportunities with a dynamic, rapidly growing organization.
Powered by JazzHR