|Date Posted||April 30, 2021|
Established Central Florida Site Contractor with projects ranging from $500k to $10 million looking for an experienced Bookkeeper/Accounting Assistant. Great work environment with an excellent team and a growing company. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
- Prepare and report certified payrolls as necessary.
- Provide clients with releases and other paperwork as required by contract.
- Request and provide COI's as required.
- Prepare and send purchase orders.
- Track NTOs and request releases from suppliers/subcontractors as required.
- Process incoming invoices and gain review and approval by project managers and superintendents.
- Monitor accounts payable, following up on outstanding balances when required.
- Pay supplier invoices in a timely manner.
- Take all reasonable discounts on supplier invoices.
- Correct and modify inaccurate files and records.
- Assisting in account analysis and account coding.
- Process employee wages and expense claims.
- Handle minor Human Resource issues.
- Interact with customers by phone and email.
- Meet and greet visiting clients and suppliers.
- Carry out administrative duties such as filing, photocopying, composing correspondence, and recording minutes at meetings.
- Monitor office supply levels and reorder as necessary.
- Record and monitor fixed assets.
- Ensure all vehicles and equipment are in compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Assist in insurance renewals and audits as necessary.
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system.
- Provide clerical and administrative support to management as requested.
- Follow accounting policies and procedures.
- Must have sharp data entry and word processing skills.
- Must be self-motivated and self-directed.
- Must be accurate and pay precise attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills a plus.
- Should have excellent time management skills and be able to prioritize.
- Should have Strong aptitude for numbers, spreadsheets, and financial reports.
- High school degree; Associate's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business with an emphasis in Accounting, or a related field preferred.
- Two to three years of QuickBooks experience necessary.
- Two to three years of proven accounting/bookkeeping experience (accounts payable preferred)
- Construction experience a plus.
Compensation and Benefits:
• Competitive salary; commensurate with experience
• Benefits package available: health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance