|Date Posted||April 8, 2021|
Trades & Services
Work culture matters. It matters because the work we do impacts not only our quality of life, but also the lives of those who matter most to us. And we take that pretty seriously. To that point, we care personally, celebrate our successes and welcome being challenged directly. And, most importantly, we do it all as a team. If that makes sense to you and you're driven and enthusiastic, bring your talents to Gemini Group as Senior Account Manager.
Who is GPMI? GPMI, a Gemini Group company, is North America's leading supplier of forge tooling. We are not another CNC machine shop. WE ARE FORGE TOOLING SPECIALISTS. This means forging companies count on us for the design, manufacture and repair of all-things-forge-tooling related, including: impression dies, press dies and punches, die holders, rams, sow blocks, bolsters, anvils, grippers, trim tooling and so much more. To that point, we count it a privilege to walk the forging floor alongside our customers, working side-by-side to tackle their toughest tooling challenges. We are Forge Tooling made in the USA.
Working out of Gemini Group's Auburn Hills office, the Senior Account Manager will work to grow profitable sales in the forge tooling market. The ideal candidate will be passionate about fast-paced business growth, is energized by the prospect of solving forge tooling problems, and is comfortable interfacing with toolroom managers.
Michigan based. Manufacturing obsessed. Gemini Group.
To learn more, visit:
What winning looks like:
- Meeting regularly with forge tooling decision makers, including toolroom supervisors, maintenance managers, forging engineers, and tooling purchasing
- Diagnosing forge tooling failure modes as well as identifying possible solutions for extending die life and reducing tooling cost
- Developing and executing your individual sales strategy and objectives to achieve sales goals
- Effectively managing customer relationships to appropriately resolve open issues while developing a progressive business relationship
- Accurately reporting on opportunity pipeline, status, and opportunity scope
Skills needed to win:
- Preferred: Engineering and/or Business Degree w/ 8+ years of technical sales and/or engineering experience in the forging industry
- Considered: Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school and 12 years related experience and/or training in the forging industry
- Technical knowledge related to:
- Forge tooling: impression dies, die holders, punches, rams, sow blocks, bolsters, trim tooling
- Forging equipment: forging presses, hammers, open die, closed die, Hatebur, upsetters, ring rollers, etc.
- Forge tool and die steels and surface treatments
- Ability to read a blueprint as well a fundamental understanding of how to best manufacture tooling details
- CNC machining operations including milling, lathe, EDM and grinding
- Forged ferrous and non-ferrous materials
- Availability to travel up to 35%, and on short notice
What will put you ahead?
- High Integrity - there is never a right time to do the wrong thing
- Hungry - high energy and self-motivated
- Humble - a team player
- Smart - a creative problem solver
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong leadership skills
Did you know?
- Gemini Group has 1,500+ team members (one of the largest employers in Michigan's "Thumb")
- 600 million+ components and assemblies sold and shipped annually
- 400+ customers
- 17 locations throughout US and MX
- Michigan based and always will e.
- Privately held…not private equity. We're in it for the long haul.
What do we have to offer:
- Competitive salary and uncapped, year-end performance-based bonus
- Company vehicle
- Excellent health & insurance benefits
- 401(k) match and profit sharing
- Flexible schedule
- Ongoing personal and professional development training
- Core values that promote work-life balance and a self-employed mentality
- Working with amazing people and in a culture where we recognize each other's wins and celebrate together
- Highly collaborative environment
So, are you ready? Are you ready to join Gemini Group's winning team? Admittedly, any decision to make a change is not without risk. As such, maybe it makes sense for us to have some discussion around fit? At the end of the day, you'll know more about us…and we'll both know whether or not this is the right fit. Either way, a great way to get the conversation rolling is by applying.