|Date Posted||April 8, 2021|
MKD Electric is seeking an Inside Business Development Specialist. The ideal candidate will market and sell MKD Electric Services to attract new businesses using a variety of marketing techniques to begin building a relationship with potential customers through initial contact through scheduling of appointments. Preferred candidates must have 1-3 years' experience and a proven track record in prospecting/cold calling to generate leads and expand customer base. Desired industries experience would include Construction, Electrical and any Business to Business Sales.
MKD Electric is one of the Midwest's largest full-service merit shop industrial electrical contractors. For over 25+ years, we have designed, built, installed, and maintained our clients' systems, projects, and facilities by focusing on safety, quality and service through our industry-leading training initiatives and our relationship focus. We specialize in working in a variety of industrial environments, including chemical, petrochemical, distribution, packaging, and more.
- Identify and pre-qualify industrial businesses that are in need of the services we can provide through basic marketing research.
- Provide a clear, compelling and articulate explanation of the MKD Electric's business model and its value to prospective customers.
- Inside Business Development & support to the Outside Business Development Team & Sr. Business Development Manager.
- Coordinate closely with the Sr. Business Development Manager and Project Management Team so effective multi-discipline presentations can be made to prospective clients.
- Develop target customer and prospective customer contact lists.
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting client relationships.
- Prospect potential customers to secure 3-6 appointments per week.
- Generate solicited and unsolicited RFPs (Request for Proposals) working with senior decision-makers from those identified businesses and MKD senior management.
- Ability to ascertain customer pain and needs in areas that we can provide cost-effective solutions.
- 1-3 years of experience which includes in-depth knowledge of Business Development, principles and real-world sales/business development experience
- 1-3 years or more in prospecting/cold calling customers and prospects
- Poised professional demeanor and excellent people skills
· Strong ethics, reliable and punctual
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and self-motivated personality
· Can work independently and be a part of a team
- Proven oral and written presentation skills
· Positive, professional and friendly attitude
- Proficient in the Microsoft Suite & Salesforce
- BS. in Sales/Marketing/Business related degrees preferred, but not a requirement
- Knowledge of the industrial maintenance and construction industry is a plus
- We offer our team members a comprehensive employment package that includes:
- Career growth opportunities
- Strong safety culture with training
- Competitive wage(s)
- Performance based bonus eligibility
- 401(k) plan w/company match up to 4%
- Eligibility for health benefits which includes:
- Medical insurance - shared cost
- Company paid dental and vision insurance
- Company paid life insurance and AD&D insurance
- Company paid short term disability insurance
- Optional life insurance for you, your spouse and children
- Optional Hospitalization, Accident and Whole Life policies
- Optional long term disability insurance
- Full-time in-house training director
- Multiple training & development opportunities
- Annual scrap metal bonus eligibility
- Tuition reimbursement