|Date Posted||May 16, 2021|
The University of Southern California (USC), founded in 1880, is located in the heart of downtown L.A. and is the largest private employer in the City of Los Angeles. As an employee of USC, you will be a part of a world-class research university and a member of the "Trojan Family," which is comprised of the faculty, students and staff that make the university what it is.
USC's Capital Construction Development department is seeking a Capital Construction Project Manager to join its team at its Health Sciences Campus.
The Project Manager is responsible for overseeing and coordinating all aspects of small to mid-sized construction projects for the university through all phases; creates project objectives, work scope, project execution and construction management and procedures.
The ideal candidate for the position of Capital Construction Project Manager has:
* Seven (7) years of experience
* A Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management or related field; however, combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
* Directly related education and project management experience with increasing leadership/management responsibility in construction and/or planning
* Working knowledge in all conventional aspects of the field and other related disciplines/processes
* Demonstrated interpersonal skills
* The ability to communicate clearly and effectively
* Expertise in project administration with progressive leadership/management within a college or university environment
* Experience performing lab projects
* An architect or engineer license preferred
* Serves as project manager responsible for overseeing and coordinating all aspects of small to mid-sized construction projects. Creates project objectives and work scope. Creates and implements project execution and construction management plans and procedures, and communication and risk mitigation plans. Develops project reports required to keep all relevant parties informed on status of time and cost elements of project.
* Overviews and coordinates planning, design, design phase estimating and monitoring of construction by the architect/engineers of project to ensure its delivery in accordance with construction contract and university requirements and standards. Collaborates with design and construction professionals from various disciplines to ensure successful integration of design and construction and development of drawings and specifications that ensure successful delivery of project within budget and on time.
* Establishes schedule that meets client's needs. Monitors and controls schedule throughout project delivery cycle to ensure that project is delivered within clients' time expectations.
* Collaborates with client and city officials to facilitate timely and effective participation in the project.
* Oversees project team members, consultants and contractors allocated to project. Identifies potential problems and resolves all project issues in a time effective manner.
* Has responsibility for establishing a quality management plan that meets university quality expectations for the project. Monitors and controls quality process throughout the project delivery cycle to ensure conformance with quality requirements.
* Develops and manages project budgets and schedules in conformance with available funds and work scope that delivers agreed programmatic requirements. Reviews changes requested by project stakeholders and provides advice and recommendations to supervisor on budget, time, and scope implications. Monitors and controls costs throughout project delivery cycle to ensure project is delivered within clients' cost expectations. Authorizes expenditures and monitors account reconciliation and status to ensure compliance with university guidelines and policies. Prepares and/or directs the preparation of financial reports as required and requested.
* Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. The University reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
THIS IS A FIXED-TERM ASSIGNMENT THROUGH 6/30/2022
The University of Southern California values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment.
Serves as construction project manager responsible for overseeing and coordinating all aspects of small to mid-sized construction projects for the university through all phases. Creates project objectives, work scope, project execution and construction management and procedures.
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
Minimum Experience: 7 years
Minimum Field of Expertise: Directly related education and project management experience with increasing leadership/management responsibility in construction and/or planning. Working knowledge of conventional aspects of the field and other related disciplines/processes. Demonstrated interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy. USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring ordinance. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact USC Human Resources by phone at , or by email at . Inquiries will be treated as confidential to the extent permitted by law.
Read USC's Clery Act Annual Security Report
Required Legal Notices
Certain positions are subject to background screening
If you are a current USC employee, please apply to this USC job posting in Workday by copying and pasting this link into your browser: