|Date Posted||April 30, 2021|
Trades & Services
The InProduction team has spent the better part of the last decade combining the best seating and staging companies into a one-stop shop for most of what is needed to produce an event. Starting with SGA Production Services, we added and integrated T&B Equipment, CommuniLux Productions, Nussli U.S., and Seating Solutions to become today's InProduction. These acquisitions have allowed InProduction to evolve into the largest provider of temporary seating, staging, structures, and scenic production for the United States events industry. Central are our people.
As an InProduction employee you are central to our sustained growth and success. We offer a rewarding career in a fast paced and exciting environment. Our employees demonstrate our core values in safety and quality every day while working to provide top notch service to our client partners. Whether working in the field, yard, warehouse, or office, InProduction offers a future with huge growth potential.
Come join us!
Cut, fabricate and install wooden and other structures per specifications. Job entails working in diverse settings to produce steady and functional infrastructure and products. A carpenter is an individual with great hand dexterity and an eye for detail. Work with little supervision while following all health and safety standards is essential.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Read blueprints, drawings and sketches to fully grasp requirements
- Take measurements and calculate the size and amount of material needed
- Cut, shape and smooth lumber and other material (e.g. fiberglass) per measurements
- Construct scenic elements as per shop drawings and verbal instruction
- Coordinate space and set-up requirements with various departments as needed.
- Execute tasks and collaborate efficiently and on deadline
- Assist with pull, prep, and repair of rental equipment
- Assist in wrapping, packing, loading, and unloading
- Assure that a safe work environment is maintained
- Proven experience as carpenter
- Pass background check and drug screening requirements
- Hands-on experience in working with carpentry materials
- Excellent understanding of carpentry techniques and methods of installation and construction
- Proficient in using electrical and manual equipment and measurement tools (powered saws, hammers, rulers etc.)
- Ability to read technical documents and drawings
- Willingness to follow safety guidelines always
- Good understanding of basic math
- Good physical condition and endurance
- Able to push and pull upwards of 75 lbs. repeatedly
- Able to lift 75 Ibs
High school diploma; Successful completion of a carpentry apprenticeship program is preferred.
The characteristics described below are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this position. While performing duties of this job, would occasionally be required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop or kneel, talk and hear, and use fingers and hands to feel objects, tools or controls.
- Is exposed to excessive noise
- Is around moving machinery
- Is exposed to marked changes in temperature and/or humidity
- Is exposed to dust
- Wearing of safety clothing and equipment may at times be required.
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays and Floating Holiday
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and life insurance benefits