|Date Posted||April 30, 2021|
Position Title: Civil Group - Foreman
Location: Davidson, NC
Salary Interval: Salaried, Non Exempt
To lead and support a crew or crews safely and effectively towards completing a task that aligns with an overall project goals, in a safe and quality manner, while meeting or exceeding the production goals that were established by the project team as well as mentoring their crew or crews for growth and improvement
- Establishing daily/weekly work plans and properly communicating them to the crew(s)
- Fill out or mentor the crew(s) to fill out a detailed PTP that properly identifies hazards and mindsets that could present risks and impacts to the team
- Coordinate with the Supervisor to acquire proper resources (equipment, manpower, materials, tools, subs, etc.) responsible to manage these resources in an efficient /effective manner.
- Enter time, fill out daily reports, track/enter units and evaluate actual production to target goals; responsible to ensure production goals are met or improved.
- Mentor crew(s) for growth and improvement
- Perform all assigned roles, responsibilities, and related work processes/tasks in the safest possible manner. Ensure that a safe, accident/incident-free work environment is maintained for all co-workers, customers, clients, suppliers, etc. at all times.
QUALIFICATIONS AND PREREQUISITES
- OSHA 10-Hour Certification - Required; training provided by Wayne Brothers
- OSHA 30-Hour Certification - Required; training provided by Wayne Brothers
- Competent Person Training for excavation/trenching and confined spaces
- First Aid CPR Trained
- Civil Group Pre-Req's for apprentice, operator tech, civil tech, operator and assistant foreman
- Mentor another into the assistant foreman role
- Ability to establish and communicate production goals to the team
- Ability to lead multiple crews
- Mentors the team for growth and improvement and encourages good morale
- Able to train the crews on best practices and core work practices
- Physical requirement included in the addendum: foreman
SKILLSETS TO BE MASTERED
- The ability to know contracted scope of work and track extra work
- Subcontractor coordination and material ordering
- Project scheduling and planning
REPORTING AND ADVANCEMENT
- Reports to the Assistant Superintendent, Superintendent or General Superintendent
- Advancement position - Assistant Superintendent
- Please reference the job specific work condition document
Equal Opportunity Employer
Wayne Brothers, Inc is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. Read our EEO/AAE policy.