|Date Posted||April 8, 2021|
This job will require travel to different sites throughout the week.
The primary function of this role is to support the Quality Management System with development and implementation of quality procedures, processes, metrics, audits and training to improve project quality. The person in this role will have extensive travel and ensure that all products and services meet requirements through being an integral part of the construction process by means of coaching, educating and mentoring.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for promoting a safe working environment and setting an example for field personnel
- Conducts periodic Safety Observations and report findings to Site Safety Staff
- Develop a good working relationship with project team (management and field).
- Develop a good working relationship with job inspectors/owners.
- Quality Management reports, meetings and trainings at Site and Corporate
- Conduct Pre-pour conferences/meeting with Site teams and Clients
- Assist/Direct project team in the collection, tracking and filing the required data to ensure compliance with governing specifications/Codes. EG: CTOS Pkgs Quality Reports
- Become SME related to Division 3 specifications.
- Mass Concrete Pours , Sensors , Mix Designs , ACI , ICRI
- When specifications are not met, work with project team and owner to develop a solution.
- Conduct random audits, as specified by the Corporate Office, for compliance and adherence to BEC's Quality Program. Utilize the data collected from these audits to assist field operations in determining appropriate improvements
- Assist Corporate Quality Manager in the development and revision of BEC's Quality Program
- Conduct source inspections of vendors and subcontractors
- Ensure vendors and subcontractors are in compliance with project specifications
- Assist with Bid documents and provide recommendations to estimating and project team that comply with BEC's Program, client requirements, manufactures recommends and applicable Code
- Witness and document testing activities
- Example - 3rd party testing , NDE
- Complete daily and monthly reports.
- Submit monthly reports NLT the last working day of the month
- Complete NCR's as required and assist team with Quality Short creation
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- ACI Certifications - Must have ACI Level 1
- BS in Engineering, Construction Management or Industrial Technology - preferred
- 5- 10 Years of experience in the construction industry with a minimum of 3 years "hands-on" field experience (preferably in heavy industrial Civil work)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Previous experience managing employees and working with project teams, subcontractors and owners/clients
- Interpretation of construction documents experience
- Previous experience researching corrective options and ability to make recommendations
- ACI, NRMCA , ICRI, and other certification - preferred
- INDOT experience - preferred
GENERAL GUIDELINES RELATED TO ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Attend Morning Huddles and or End of Shift (EOS)
- Prior to and after Site visits, Emails. Phone calls and follow up action items to site team
- Metric and reports to PM,OM,VPs and Corporate Quality Manager
- Support KPI process, tie to Department and Corporate One Page Plan
- Conduct Quality Orientations related to Site Specific task by trade
- Best Practices ( e.g. Site orientation modules )
- Participate in Site team building exercises. Look at Department team building when working with 2 or more inspectors.
- 4 week look ahead boards to include QA/QC milestones
- Review PTO with Teams before submitting.
- Monthly Top level Quality reviews with General Superintendent and Project Manager.
- P6 Schedule around CTO, implement CTO count down program.
- Daily Presence in the Field with Site Management.
- Quality Vision - Zero defects by way or a Quality Management System that supports Bowen's long term goals.
- Feedback Loop with Clients and owners