|Date Posted||May 13, 2021|
The primary job responsibilities will be as a Construction Materials Testing Field Technician working on projects throughout the Raleigh, NC metropolitan statistical area (MSAs). This person will perform field testing testing and special inspections as needed on a variety of large-scale construction projects. NOVA will also provide a company truck, cell phone, and many more perks.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Performing field materials testing of soil, concrete, masonry, rebar, asphalt
- Threshold Inspections / Special Inspections (CMU Masonry, Concrete Reinforcement, Light Gauge Metal Framing, and Wood Framing)
- Preparing detailed and complete field reports with all relevant test results and inspections/observations provided
- Performing basic laboratory tests on soil and concrete and preparing reports of results
- Evaluating site and subgrade conditions on construction projects and providing recommendations
- Communicating with clients, contractors, and engineering and technician staff regarding construction issues
- Providing assistance to other NOVA team members to promote the overall objectives of the company
- 2+ years applicable experience with Construction Materials Testing
- Strong communication skills are a must
- Valid Georgia Driver's license
- ICC licenses (Soils, Masonry, Reinforced Concrete)
- ACI Concrete Field Testing Level 1
NOVA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. NOVA does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.