|Date Posted||May 14, 2021|
- Mon - Thu, 7:30am to 5:00pm
- Friday, 7:30am to 11:30am
Plan numerical control programs to control the machining of metal parts on automatic machine tools, at all plant locations, to include all machining equipment.
POSITION DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Analyze drawings, sketches, and design data of parts to determine the configuration of cuts, selection of cutting tools, and machine speeds and feed rates
- Determine reference points and direction of machine cutting paths
- Use computer-assisted drafting software to show location of reference points and direction of cutting paths
- Create cover sheets and maintain tool data bases to guide setup and operation of machine
- Write program of machine instructions in symbolic language or direct numerical control database to regulate movement of machine along cutting path
- Determine machine processes required for all runs (tooling, blocking, etc.)
- May be involved in generating Special Fab radius drawings and layouts, and plotting them out
- Determine the best machining methods and practices, per job circumstances
- Revise programs to eliminate instruction errors, omissions, or Engineering revisions
- May be required to perform other company duties, as needed, to assist other departments (includes production)
- Adhere to established Safety policies and procedures to ensure a safe environment for all associates
- Adhere to established Policies, Critical Business Practices (CBPs), Standards, and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Support Six Sigma / Lean and the continuous improvement process
- Proficient use of Intranet functions
- Undertake job responsibilities in a manner consistent with the Company's Core Values
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned and required.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Associate's degree in related technical field desired; or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
SKILL and KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Wausau Window and Wall Systems product and process knowledge
- Proficient machinist
- Excellent print reading skills
- Excellent math and analysis skills
- Computer Skills:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- ERP - Epicor
- Supporting Programming Software (i.e. Elusoft, Radan, HSM, Camplus)
- AutoCAD (appropriate level), Inventor
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
Mostly an office environment with regular visits to the manufacturing floor. The noise levels in the work environment are usually moderate. Travel requirements are infrequent.
Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Wausau Window and Wall Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Company. Women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.