|Date Posted||May 12, 2021|
Trades & Services
A D. C. Taylor Co. Roof Technician is involved in all aspects of the roofing trade, from tear-off to repair and maintenance. Primary roofing systems installed include TPO, PVC, modified bitumen, and EPDM. A roof technician installs roof-related sheet metal including gutters and downspouts, gravel stop, drip edge, gable trim, and copings. The Roof Technician's duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Remove and install commercial roofing systems in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ensure that the project is completed according to D. C. Taylor Co. policies under the direction of the Project Supervisor (Foreman).
- Assure that all work is completed per code and per customer requirements
- Keep the work area safe and maintained with good housekeeping practices.
- Attend regular meetings to discuss the weekly schedule and stress the importance of jobsite safety.
- Roofing field experience, formal education, or a combination of these desired.
- High school education or GED required.
- Knowledge of OSHA safety requirements and other job-related responsibilities; OSHA 10-Hour certification a plus.
- Current, valid driver's license required.
- Must be capable of the strenuous activity required to tear off, carry, and dispose of roofing material.
D. C. Taylor Co. is an equal opportunity employer.