|Date Posted||April 30, 2021|
Trades & Services
Position Title: Concrete Finisher
Location: Davidson, NC
Salary Interval: Salaried, Non Exempt
The Concrete Finisher must work safely and productively on various sized Concrete Construction and/or Civil and Infrastructure project sites. A successful candidate in this role must be highly motivated and willing to complete any task assigned, along with performing the essential duties of the Concrete Finisher position. All employees are expected to communicate, always build relationships with other team members, and use good judgment. The Concrete Finisher is expected to have the ability to perform all duties of the positions preceding it in its specific career path, while being responsible and accountable to complete any other tasks assigned.
- Uses and monitors quality and production of straight edge and "magic screed" to level/shape freshly poured concrete.
- Checks rod floor for flatness.
- Assists with truck chute and pump hose to place fresh concrete.
- Uses "edger", jointers, and straight edge to edge and joint concrete floors as required.
- Finishes slab edges using hand tools.
- Operates forklifts (with certification) to convey concrete finishing equipment between trucks and floor slabs and decks during and after the concrete finishing process.
- Operates light and advanced equipment (e.g., truss-type hardener spreader, truss screeds, bull floats, and lifting equipment, etc.) to level and treat concrete slab surfaces.
- Operates at advanced level trowel machinery and equipment in the concrete finishing process.
- QCs and patches defects with cement mortar as necessary or requested.
- Applies specified amounts of surface hardeners on concrete to produce special surfaces.
- Ensures concrete slab with curing mats or waterproof paper. Wires corners of mats to top edge of forms or stakes, or places weights such as boards, rocks, and/or sandbags to keep covers in place.
- Coaches and trains apprentices and Concrete Finisher Technicians.
- Cleans and properly maintains all hand and power tools used to place and finish fresh concrete.
- Complies with all applicable company, state, and OSHA safety rules, regulations, and guidelines at the job site.
- Reports any job site and/or WBC employee related safety violation(s) to appropriate supervisory personnel.
- Serves as a safe and productive member of a finishing crew/team.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma / GED
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Basic level communication (Reading, writing and comprehending technical documents, safety regulations, checklists, responding to managers/coworkers, etc.)
- Safety awareness (Ability to recognize and correct safety hazards.)
- Detail Orientation (Ability to pay attention to details in order to follow instructions and execute work in accordance with specifications and safety/quality standards.
- Basic level reasoning (Ability to comprehend and carry out verbal or written instructions while understanding how to problem-solve and complete task(s) when dealing with one variable.
- Report major equipment repair needs to foreman, superintendent, or service center supervisor.
- Tag out equipment that needs major mechanical or safety repairs.
- Report any safety incidents to appropriate supervisory personnel.
- Screed concrete by hand.
- Screed concrete with mechanical power tools.
- Consolidate concrete with concrete vibrator.
- Establish grade pads for screeding elevation.
- Check rod concrete
- Push/pull concrete to grade using come along/shovel.
- Float concrete along penetration and edges using a hand float.
- Generate various output file formats (.dwg, .pdf,.icf, etc.) from model as needed
- Place dowel baskets during concrete placement
- Drive grade pins below grade after concrete grade pads have been established).
- Load/unload appropriate tools in/out of company truck.
- Drive crew truck/trailer to/from job site
- Apply evaporation retarder.
- Apply dry shake surface hardener.
- Add fibers and admixtures to concrete trucks as required.
- Install poly slip sheets.
- Perform all assigned roles, responsibilities, and related work processes / tasks in the safest possible manner. Ensure that a safe, accident/incident-free work environment is maintained for all co-workers, customers, clients, suppliers, etc. at all times
- Working outdoors, exposed to changing temperature and weather conditions. - frequently.
- Exposed to loud noises
- Walking and riding on uneven terrain.
- Wearing Personal Protection Equipment at all times.
- Traveling by land or air and staying out of town overnight - frequently
- 40 to 60-hour work week
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Valid Driver's License
- First Aid / CPR - preferred
- OSHA 10 Certificate - preferred
- WB Rough Terrain Forklift Certification
- Standing for long periods of time.
- Lifting, carrying, and moving up to 90 lbs.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Wayne Brothers, Inc is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. Read our EEO/AAE policy.