|Date Posted||April 30, 2021|
Call Centre / CustomerService
We are looking to hire an experienced Concrete Foreman to supervise our concrete crew and oversee all activities related to curb and gutter, sidewalks, ADA ramps, retaining walls, foundations and slabs for commercial concrete job.
- Overseeing all activities pertaining to concrete preparation, placement, installation, finishing and curing.
- Dividing concrete construction project into different stages and evaluating how much labor and materials are required for each stage.
- Resolving all problems that may affect project quality and completion.
- Consult blueprints, drawings and plans to ensure that concrete structures are accurately placed and installed.
- Delegate task to concrete laborers, carpenters, finishers and provide overall guidance.
- Ensure that form work is erected, supported and dismantled based on engineering designs and drawings.
- Inspect concrete after form work has been removed and instruct concrete laborers on any corrections needed.
- Maintain accurate records and number of hours worked and amount of materials used.
- Set and check concrete forms.
- Apply hardening and curing compounds to poured surfaces.
- Chip , Scrape and grind high spots, ridges and rough projections to finish concrete using pneumatic chisels, power grinders and hand tools.
- Cut out damaged areas, drill holes and use reinforcing rods to repair concrete.
- Fabricate concrete beams, columns and panels.
- Install anchor bolts, steel plates, door sills and other fixtures in freshly poured concrete.
- Lay out foundations.
Experience: 5-8 years as concrete foreman.
- Bilingual English / Spanish.
- Proven experience working as a concrete foreman.
- Know ADA Requirements.
- The ability to interpret blueprints, drawings and plans.
- Outstanding organization and time management skills.
- Excellent management and leadership skills.
- Good judgement and decision making.
- Quality control analysis.
- The ability to lay out foundations, walls and slabs.