|Date Posted||April 28, 2021|
The Aerospace Corporation is the trusted partner to the nation's space programs, solving the hardest problems and providing unmatched technical expertise. As the operator of a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC), we are broadly engaged across all aspects of space- delivering innovative solutions that span satellite, launch, ground, and cyber systems for defense, civil and commercial customers. When you join our team, you'll be part of a special collection of problem solvers, thought leaders, and innovators. Join us and take your place in space.
At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration - to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves.
Artemis is NASA's human spaceflight program, with international and commercial partnerships, that has the goal of landing the first woman and the next man on the Moon, serving as a precursor to Mars human exploration. The function of this open position is to provide Configuration and Data Management (CDM) of documents and products largely related to the governance of the Artemis Program. This position will reside in the Portfolio Integration Office of the Human Exploration and Operations (HEO) Systems Engineering and Integration (SE&I) Office and work closely with the HEO SE&I Technical Integration Lead and the HEO Advanced Exploration Systems CDM Manager.
What You'll Be Doing
- Lead the HEO SE&I configuration and data management efforts of all HEO SE&I offices by providing development, evolution and regular maintenance of HEO SE&I configuration and data managed documents and products throughout their lifecycle.
- Provide and report performance measurement for all HEO SE&I configuration management processes (monthly, quarterly metrics) at appropriate venues.
- Manage the HEO SE&I Change Management Workflow (CMW) tool within SharePoint for conducting HEO SE&I CDM activities, including the review and distribution of external Change Requests (outside HEO SE&I) and internal HEO SE&I product development, review, and approval.
- Maintain the HEO SE&I CM and DM receipt function, which will be executed within SharePoint systems and shall control and maintain data and transmission of formal HEO SE&I Office CM data related products.
- Perform Document Quality Assurance (DQA) for HEO SE&I Office documents.
- Attend various HEO SE&I Office meetings, both regularly scheduled and intermittent, review products, processes, and concepts presented against HEO SE&I Office scope.
What You Need to be Successful
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited program in configuration management/engineering or a related field or equivalent experience in lieu of a degree and at least 3 years of applicable professional experience
- 1-3 years' experience performing configuration management
- 1-3 years' experience in coordinating and integrating CM for multiple documents in parallel
- 1-3 years' experience with configuration management tools
- 1-3 years' experience with Document Quality Assurance (DQA) and other document management functions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Independent and self-motivated; proactive ability to learn on the job
- Ability to work within a team environment, where the team is distributed across multiple NASA Organizations, Projects and Programs
- Ability to identify and communicate concerns to leadership in a diplomatic manner
- This position requires ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the US government. U.S citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
How You Can Stand Out
It would be impressive if you have one or more of these:
- 1+ years' experience within NASA
- Experience in Microsoft Office, ICE, Confluence, SharePoint, and Windchill
Ways We Reward Our Employees
During your interview process, our team will provide details of our industry-leading benefits.
Benefits vary and are applicable based on Job Type. A few highlights include:
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans
- Paid holidays, sick time, and vacation
- Standard and alternate work schedules, including telework options
- 401(k) Plan - Employees receive a total company-paid benefit of 8%, 10%, or 12% of eligible compensation based on years of service and matching contributions; employees are immediately eligible and vested in the plan upon hire
- Flexible spending accounts
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Education assistance programs
- An inclusive work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other-the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at or by email at . You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement . - provided by Dice