|Date Posted||April 8, 2021|
Accountant / Assistant Controller
Highland Consulting Group is an executive search firm that specializes in placing top talent in the construction industry.
We are working with a large, very highly respected, stable Contractor in the Washington, DC area that is recruiting for an experienced hands-on Staff Accountant . This position reports to the company controller. Successful candidates must have a minimum of 2 years experience as a Staff Accountant working for a construction contractor. Candidates with experience in accounts Payable, Cost Control or Job Costing will be preferred
Job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Perform financial analysis, modeling and forecasting
- Identify and communicate areas of financial risk
- Ensure owner billings are prepared timely and in accordance with contractual terms
- Ensure jobs are processed in accordance with company internal control procedures
- Support the tax compliance function of the company
- Preparation and analysis of purchase orders and payables
- Solid Communication both verbal and written
- Ability to establish timelines and budgets
- Very strong computer skills with past experience with a project management / cost accounting software package
- Ability to multi-task
- A Degree in Accounting is preferred
- Documented knowledge of general ledger and financial reporting functions.
- This company cares about and is committed to the well being of its employees and their families. This commitment is reflected in a comprehensive benefit package provided to all employees.
If you have this type of experience please apply to this position. You can also contact me directly to learn more about this opportunity.
Highland Consulting Group
2000 Tower Way
Greensburg, PA 15601
We respect your privacy and will never submit a resume to a third party without your permission. You can be assured that the information you give us will never be forwarded to any company without your specific, direct advanced permission.