|Date Posted||May 15, 2021|
Woolpert, Inc. is a cutting-edge national architecture, engineering and geospatial (AEG) firm that delivers value to clients by blending engineering excellence with innovative technology and geospatial applications. Woolpert continues to be certified as an Employer of Choice by Great Place To Work. We believe great companies are built from exceptional people and amazing clients. As we grow, we are seeking an experienced Construction Manager to support the California Aviation Market.
The Construction Manager will be involved in existing client account management, business growth strategies, business development, and direct multiple large/complex aviation projects. This individual will manage Airfield Design and Construction Administration projects, coordinate with design team, contractors and municipal officials to ensure quality deliverables are completed on schedule and within budget. Our Construction Managers lead the growth of the Aviation design business in the L.A. Basin/California region and assist projects in other states by providing design services and working with cross-functional teams to develop detailed deliverables.
- Identify and communicate business growth opportunities and serve as the Aviation or Airfield Design Subject Matter Expert during the sales cycle and/or Request for Proposal Qualifications (RFPRFQ) process
- Meet with prospective clients to discuss their evolving needs and assess the opportunities for our firms AEG services to support them
- Participate in presentations to prospective clients
- Facilitate scope meetings with clients to construct needs analysis and project definitions
- Direct and collaborate with cross-functional teams across all the project phases from conceptual/preliminary design, detailed design, construction
- Ensure deliverables and Woolpert quality standards are met in accordance with the agreed scope, schedule and budget
- Manage and support internal and client cross-functional teams
- Develop and implement Woolpert corrective action plans when deviations from budgets and/or schedules are evident. Collaborate with senior management to resolve schedule and budget problems as they arise
- Facilitate client-facing change management and provide on-going communication throughout the project
- Accountable for the successful delivery of assigned projects
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Civil Engineering or related field
- Minimum of 5-10+ years of related work experience managing Civil Engineering Design projects, preferably within the Aviation, Airfield, or Transportation design industry
- Professional Engineering license in CA is preferred
- Must be able to travel 25-30% to client sites
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of FAA Advisory Circulars
- Demonstrated ability to organize and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, matrixed environment
- Ability to provide excellent customer service
- Strong technical proficiency required, including Microsoft Office products
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative team environment; offer constructive feedback and direction to support goals
- Quickly adapt and respond to industry changes as well as internal initiatives
Woolpert is committed to a vision to become the premier architecture, engineering, geospatial (AEG) and strategic consulting firm, and one of the best companies in the world. It is a vision we have been fine-tuning for decades. It guides our decisions and investments, provides our clients with optimal solutions and offers our employees unrivaled opportunities. Woolpert is recognized as a Great Place to Work by its employees and is America's fastest-growing AEG firm. With more than a century of experience, over 1,000 employees and 30 offices, Woolpert supports public, private, federal, and U.S. military clients nationally and around the globe. For more information, visit woolpert.com and connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
Presenting Opportunities and Challenges at Every Turn...
As a firm that recognizes the importance of developing top talent from within, Woolpert provides a wide range of training and coaching programs and resources to all employees, who are rewarded for achievements through our excellent benefits package and competitive salaries. Woolpert has a pay for performance compensation philosophy that ensures pay is aligned with both internal equity and market value.
Learn more about our "Great Place to Work" certification.
Woolpert provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)