|Date Posted||May 13, 2021|
With 30 years of experience, Charah Solutions, Inc. is a leading provider of environmental and maintenance services to the power generation industry, with operations in coal-fired and nuclear power generation sites across the country. Based in Louisville, Kentucky, Charah Solutions assists utilities with all aspects of managing and recycling ash byproducts generated from the combustion of coal in the production of electricity as well as routine power plant maintenance and outage services for coal and nuclear energy providers. The company also designs and implements solutions for ash pond management and closure, landfill construction, fly ash and slag sales, and structural fill projects.
We pride ourselves on making things happen. Our positions require passionate individuals who demonstrate initiative, take ownership, and exhibit a high level of personal leadership, conviction and spirit of innovation.
Charah Solutions offers: Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental, Vision, Company Paid Short- & Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401(k) with Company Contribution After 1 Year, Paid Time Off, Incredible Safety Record, and Well-Maintained Equipment.
This position is responsible for the overall management of the project including liaising with the customer(s); coordinating and leading partners; supervising members of the project team; and overseeing project implementation, financial and administrative oversight, reporting, and monitoring and evaluation of the project. The Project Director leads, motivates, and energizes internal and external team members to consistently deliver results, meet commitments, develop people, and foster a safety culture that is second to none.
Position may involve performing other duties as required, which may not be mentioned below. Specific functions may change from time to time.
- Develop and lead a strong team of construction and operations professionals who can deliver results for our customers, following the Charah values
- Direct, plan and implement policies, objectives, and activities within the division to ensure continuing operations, to maximize returns on investments, and to increase productivity
- Accountable for P&L performance of all projects within the division
- Oversee and drive production schedules for multiple projects, ensuring job sites are meeting or exceeding clients' expectations
- Ensure monthly project invoicing and budgeting is timely and accurate
- Coordinate the division's operational needs with other departments: heavy equipment selection, human resources, information technology, and project management
- Develop excellent relationships with all customers
- Represent Charah publicly
- Negotiate or approve contracts and agreements with suppliers, distributors, federal and state agencies, and other organizational entities
- Review reports submitted by staff members to recommend approval or to suggest changes
- Appoint department heads or managers and assign or delegate responsibilities to them
- Keeps employees informed as to company/department plans and progress
- Collaborate with CEO, COO and VP's various department heads, peers, etc., to implement the vision and other elements of the strategic plan
- Meet weekly with business development leaders to discuss current operations and plans
- Identify and develop key employees in line with succession planning
- Knowledgeable with Quality Assurance/Quality Control procedures
- Knowledgeable with erosion and sediment controls regulations
- 15+ years of industry experience in an executive or director level role
- Bachelor's degree in construction management, engineering, or similar is preferred
- Proven leadership and successful management practices
- Proven ability to run multiple operations in multiple states
- Ability to establish credibility and be decisive, but able to recognize and support the organization's preferences and priorities
- Computer savvy with MS Office, MS Project, and Outlook experience
- Must have civil engineering/construction background
- Must have scheduling software knowledge and experience with Primavera or MS Project
- Must be able to read engineered drawings and blueprints
- Must be able to read grade stakes and use a level
- Valid driver's license required
Work Environment and Conditions:
- Must be able to climb, maintain body equilibrium, reach, grasp, bend and walk/stand/sit for extended periods
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Be subject to atmospheric conditions - one or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system or the skin: fumes, odor, dust, mists, gases, or poor ventilation
- This position requires working in an internal office setting and an external field environment. Requires the ability to concentrate in a noisy setting around large construction vehicles