|Date Posted||April 30, 2021|
Boyd Jones is seeking a Project Engineer who is a proactive, independent worker capable of precise and accurate work. This position is responsible for assisting the Project Manager and Superintendent in all aspects of the day-to-day management, supervision and coordination of a construction project.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Reads, understands and interprets architectural drawings and specifications related to construction project.
- Coordinates development and processing of project documents (RFI's, submittals, drawings, change orders, ASIs, addendums, etc…), and monitors timely turn-around on these same items.
- Produces material takeoffs.
- Assists Project Manager and Superintendent on monitoring and updating construction schedules.
- Conducts regular and frequent jobsite visits.
- Assembles O&M manuals.
- Assists leadership in promoting job site safety, encouraging safe work practices and rectifies job site hazards immediately.
- Performs other duties as required and assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Identify problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
- Effective written and oral communication skills to build and maintain relationships with clients and other stakeholders.
- Organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Computer proficiency using MS Office suite and CPM scheduling software.
- Ability to travel to assigned jobsite as required
Education & Experience:*
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture or related field required
- 1+ year experience in the Construction Industry
*Equivalent education and experience will be considered