|Date Posted||May 14, 2021|
PROJECT MANAGER - HEAVY CIVIL CONSTRUCTION
A highly respected and nationally recognized heavy civil general contractor is looking for a motivated Project Manager, interested in a rewarding, work environment and looking to grow both individually and with the company. This contractor is a leader in the industry.
The ideal Project Manager candidate would be ready to manage heavy civil construction projects while working with office and field staff to ensure the success of the projects.
- Reviewing project proposals to determine budget, time frames, staffing requirements and allotment of resources.
- Outlining work plan and assigning duties, responsibilities, scope authority to project staff; awarding subcontracts and issuing purchase orders
- Arranging all permits, drawings, and submittals required; negotiating and executing all change orders.
- Preparing project reports for management, clients, and/or others.
- Conferring with project personnel to provide technical advice and resolve any problems, modifying schedules or plans as required.
- Preparing and maintaining job costs on a daily/weekly basis and reviewing with project personnel.
- Monitoring project closeout: final quantities, final change orders, and final releases from agreements.
- Knowledge of leadership techniques, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Ability to produce timely results of high quality and accuracy
- Must have imagination and strong problem-solving skills, with a strong technical orientation.
- Ability to weigh decisions carefully and thoroughly based on expertise in order to avoid unpredictable risk.
- 2-4-year degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or related area of study preferred
- Minimum 5 years working on civil (earthwork, road/highway, site work, underground utilities, bridge, excavation etc) related projects.
- Must be a motivated and enthusiastic team player
- Industry-leading compensation
- Lucrative bonus plans
- Complete benefits package
- Positive company culture and work/life balance
If you are ready to grow your career in construction, please do not think twice about this opportunity and apply now!
If you're interested in this position apply online or submit your resume to Kenna Warren at .
All inquiries are strictly confidential.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States for the past 31 years. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.