|Date Posted||May 12, 2021|
This traveling position provides on-site coordination for all phases of major commercial construction projects across the country and ensures that work is proceeding safely, on schedule, per specifications, and within budget.
QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- 5-10 years' progressive experience as an Assistant Superintendent and/or Project Superintendent for large, fast-track industrial/commercial projects
- OSHA 30, CPR Certifications
- Minimum 2-year Associates Degree, preferred 4-year Bachelor's Degree
- Strong computer skills, specifically packaged construction management software, Bluebeam, and Microsoft Office Suite; experience with AutoCAD and scheduling software
- Extensive knowledge of construction business and an excellent command of the English language
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy
- Strong analytical, organizational and multi-tasking abilities are required in order to find solutions to various issues prioritize work and meet deadlines. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide field team leadership and communication amongst all members of project team. Serve as main point of contact for all field project activities.
- Ensure projects are constructed in accordance with contractual and quality standards.
- Together with the Corporate EHS Director and local EHS Coordinator, maintain jobsite safety throughout the duration of the project. Establish and enforce job site and project security and quality control programs. Identify subcontractor non-compliance with safety, health, and environmental quality standards, and track corrective action.
- Participate in preconstruction sessions to develop realistic schedule and budget. Facilitate weekly scheduled progress meetings with Design Team and Trades.
- Monitor and maintain QC/QA log, daily activities logs, and other required documentation, distributing as necessary.
- Coordinate required inspections with local jurisdictions.
- Schedule and direct day-to-day construction activities to ensure timely completion in accordance with plans, specifications, and codes.
- Perform job progress and completion punch list identification and completion.
- Ensure that the job site is always kept in a clean and organized manner.
The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
Travel to site, including to corporate and operational offices, is required.