|Date Posted||May 16, 2021|
his is a 2 -3 month contract working in the Field on a Kiewit project in the Corpus Christi area. This role will be working through Kiewit's Agency partner. The CSU Electrical Technician will report directly to the Electrical Lead or Commissioning Manager. They will promote and provide their expertise for Safety, assist in directing and coordinating the daily activities of Commissioning Electrical tasks and construction support craft. Assume direct responsibility of assigned Electrical systems for completion with the highest degree of safety and quality.
- Attends Daily Safety Meetings.
- Insists on strict adherence to Lock Out / Tag Out, Procedures (LOTO), and policies.
- Review and understand daily Job Hazard Analysis (JHA).
- Complete work packages associated with system testing.
- Comply with test procedures for component and system testing.
- Reading and interpreting electrical and electronic circuit blueprints, diagrams, and schematics.
- Assist in Maintaining all drawings and database to insure accurate "As-Built" information and drawings.
- Promotes and insists on good housekeeping on the project site.
- Verifies available spare parts and consumables necessary for the proper operations of each assigned system and communicates then levels to the lead.
- Troubleshoot and isolate system problems. This includes correcting or suggesting resolutions and maintain communications to the Electrical Lead.
- Checkout of installed systems and equipment adhering to OEM requirements, system descriptions, and good industry standard practices.
- Tracks progress of assigned systems and provide timely updates on progress and activities.
- Performs system walk-downs and identify exceptions and deficiencies.
- Performs commissioning and testing of individual components, systems, and the station as a complete integrated unit to meet all contractual obligations.
- Associate Degree in electronics from a University or Technical School, and/or job related experience preferred with emphasis on home office and field execution experience.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of detail Electrical Technician Experience in the petrochemical industry.
- SmartPlant Instrumentation (SPI), InstruCalc, MS Office Suite
- EPC project experience
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Experience operating hand and power tools, soldering and fault-testing equipment
- Familiar with DCS/PLC codes and standards for domestic and/or international.
- Recent knowledge of engineering methods and possesses a technical knowledge of the detail design engineering process and some types of electrical controls systems.
- Must have recent knowledge of (DCS, SIS, etc.) and Field Instrumentation.
- Experienced with domestic and/or International electrical, instrumentation and control systems codes and standards. Including ISA, NEC, and API is required.