|Date Posted||May 14, 2021|
At Emmerson Construction, we foster successful relationships, while providing efficient construction services in the multi-family affordable housing industry. Emmerson is a West Coast-based construction services company that builds high quality residential and mixed-use developments, with a specialization in affordable multifamily housing. Formed in 2000, the company has a spotless track record of delivering projects and services safely, on time, and on budget. Emmerson consists of experienced professionals that work together to provide enhanced value, consistent quality, efficient scheduling, and proactive risk mitigation. Emmerson partners with some of the best non-profit service providers in the industry, and we serve a variety of populations including seniors, homeless, developmentally disabled, families, and veterans.
We have an immediate opening for an experienced Controller who will oversee corporate accounting operations, such as the accuracy and timeliness of financial reporting and tax matters. The Controller also assists the Corporate Controller in establishing and maintaining operations and financial procedures and controls throughout the department and the corporation, and leading company initiatives. At Emmerson, we encourage employee growth and are proud to have support staff who enjoy the stable environment and career path which we provide. We pride ourselves on providing a flexible and family-like environment where our staff can enjoy the benefits of a balanced work life.
· Oversee accounting operations of the company, to include establishing accounting policies and procedures to ensure all financial transactions are controlled, executed, and documented according to generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
· Prepare monthly financial statement reports which accurately summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earnings, based on past, present, and expected operations
· Set up controls and budgets to periodically analyze balance sheet and income statement accounts for trends and variances, in order to mitigate risk and enhance the company's financial results
· Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues and/or variances to company management as needed
· Supervise and monitor the financial integrity of the general ledger and automated financial accounting and reporting systems
· Set up and maintain supporting schedules such as budgets, fixed assets, workers compensation, prepaid insurance, and payroll
· Foster an environment of, and professionally display alignment with, our company C.A.R.E.S. (Communication; Accountability; Relationships; Excellence; Solutions) values.
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance and eight years of experience in progressively responsible financial leadership roles, preferably in construction industry; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skill, and abilities have been attained;
· Five to seven years of experience in construction accounting in a professional level position that includes a minimum of three years supervising accounting staff
· Advanced knowledge of accounting principles and accounting functions
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
· Proficiency using Sage CRE, Procor, and Textura highly preferred
· Extremely organized with ingrained ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
· Keen attention to detail with focused adherence to strict deadlines and procedures
· Sound problem-solving skills with demonstrated ability to exercise sound independent judgment
· High level of integrity and dependability, including handling sensitive and confidential information
· Teamwork mindset and temperament to work effectively with a diverse group of people
· Effective ability to communication clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing
· Genuine desire to work in the affordable housing industry
· Personal accountability and enthusiasm for achieving company goals
We are passionate about constructing quality affordable housing. Join the team at Emmerson and you will be a part of an experienced group that provides affordable homes and changes lives. We offer competitive salaries, career paths, a convenient location and excellent benefits including: Vacation; Company Holidays; Healthcare Benefits; 401(K); Life Insurance; and Disability.