|Date Posted||May 12, 2021|
Trades & Services
Cotton Holdings, Inc., is a diversified holding company with subsidiaries that provide property restoration and recovery, construction, roofing, logistical support, temporary workforce housing, and culinary services to public and private entities worldwide. Cotton combines this diverse suite of services with top talent, innovative technology, and a large inventory of company-owned assets, to offer clients a total solutions package in support of disaster events and large development projects, including complex work environments.
This is a rotating Cook position out in West TX - Housing provided working 28 days on 14 days off.
I. Summary (Scope of the Job)
Cotton is searching for experienced, reliable and high-volume adaptable Cooks. This role will be responsible for maintaining meals throughout the meal period, preparing and serving meals. It may be required that the cook wash pots and pans at times, maintain the galley and supervise the crew among other duties as assigned. Will remain knowledgeable in menu cycle preparation and nutritional standards. The Ideal candidate will have 2-5 years' commercial cooking experience, ready to approach the next step in their career and able to manage their work load and prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced customer focused environment. This is an excellent opportunity to join family-oriented company with competitive compensation, growth opportunities, employee benefits and other perks.
II. Major Responsibilities
- Produce nutritious, quality meals for efficient and prompt meal service as directed by the Chef Manager in accordance with established time schedules
- Maintain the inventory of groceries by properly storing, handling and rotating groceries in accordance with first-in, first out policy and proper food handling techniques
- Inspect galley, dining facilities, and storage areas and other
- Adjacent areas at a minimum of twice per day in order to ensure proper sanitation and maintenance
- Maintain client service through friendly and professional actions
- Supervise staff to ensure that proper sanitation and hygiene standards are being followed at all times while performing duties in a safe and efficient manner
- Make sure crew is on time for tour and communicates with their relief before commencing duties
- Demonstrate skills and abilities for other personnel in order to train and motivate them for promotion
- Be a role model for pride and self-fulfillment in doing quality, well executed work
- Be responsible for cleaning and coordination of cleaning between shifts and individuals
- Be responsible to step in and undertake an assignment if a crew member is absent and/or the need arises
- Maintain good customer relationships through courteous, daily contact. Deal with all problems as if they are opportunities to strengthen your relationship with the client
- Maintain compliance with contractual obligations
- Other duties as required to ensure catering operations on site or as assigned by your supervisor
- Be responsible for ensuring the safety of your crew by ensuring all employees are properly trained in their jobs and in safety
- Ensuring all employees are following proper job and safety procedures
- Ensuring all employees are wearing proper uniforms and PPE where needed
- Ensuring all safety hazards and unsafe job practices are corrected
- Ensuring all employees know proper evacuation and emergency procedures
- Discuss safety matters with individual employees and answer any appropriate questions or concerns they may have
- Fill in checklists and other related paperwork relevant to the job
- Conduct safety inspections with the chef manager
- Be a role model for using safe and proper working procedures
- Maintain good relations with your employees so that you may become aware of any temporary problem or condition that may put your employees at risk
- Know the location and operation of emergency equipment including fire extinguishers and first aid kits
- Report to your supervisor any safety hazard you are having problems controlling
III. Background Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- College Degree (preferred)
- Valid Driver's License
- Safe Serve
- Any additional culinary training and/or certifications is a plus
- 2-5 years' commercial cooking experience
- Portioning and Controls
- Commercial kitchen familiarity
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong organizational, project management and problem-solving skills with impeccable multi-tasking abilities
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Able to stand and move throughout office/buildings and continuously perform essential job functions.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, customers and patrons.
- Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Sense of urgency
- Excellent cooking/baking skills
- Good supervisory skills
- Good communication skills
- Reading, writing and math skills
- Good organizational skills
- Training skills
- Computer skills
- Ability to be flexible in schedule to meet operational needs. This may require occasionally working outside regularly schedule hours
This Job Description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent(s). It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent(s) may be asked to perform other duties as requested.