|Date Posted||April 28, 2021|
Trades & Services
Business: Boys Town
In a career as a Custodian (Environmental Services / Housekeeping), your behind-the-scenes work is what leads to making the magic of our mission come true every day. Boys Town serves thousands of children and their families around the United States, which means that we need you to keep our operations running smoothly and efficiently. No matter your role at Boys Town, you contribute to helping us change the future of America's youth.
Schedule: Evenings, Monday-Friday, 3:30 p.m. - midnight
Location: Village of Boys Town (near 132nd and Dodge)
- Performs general cleaning duties and monitors maintenance conditions.
- Sweeps, mops, strips, seals, finishes, and buffs floors; vacuums, pre-spots, and cleans carpets and upholstered surfaces.
- Cleans and sanitizes restrooms and showers.
- Maintains an uncluttered environment; identifies and reports possible safety hazards.
- Closes buildings at the end of the day to ensure security.
- Washes windows; disposes of waste and litter; removes marks from walls.
- Performs routine maintenance, including replaces light bulbs, etc., and reports maintenance conditions to supervisor in a timely manner.
- Supervises and trains student workers as needed.
- High school or equivalent preferred.
- Previous custodial experience preferred.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: March 30, 2021
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-.