|Date Posted||April 30, 2021|
Trades & Services
Call Centre / CustomerService
Would you like to work for a growing, healthy, natural, good for you, entrepreneurial based company, where you can make a difference by growing with us? We are Brookside Flavors & Ingredients. Leading the way with natural, organic, and non-GMO flavors and ingredients has been our mission since day one. We make sweet and savory food flavors to be used in some of the most popular food brands today.
Do you love solving problems, have a flair for making customers happy, and have an entrepreneurial spirit? If so, we are looking for an amazing Customer Service Specialist to set our team on fire! This position provides for growth in to a manager/supervisory role.
- The position of Customer Service Representative is responsible for accurately and timely entering customer sales orders into the system, verifying pricing and confirming the order back to the customer.
- Support all commercial communication with new and existing customers, such as new customer set-up with finance, lead times, minimum order quantities, pallet configuration, standard technical documents, pricing, etc.
- Allocate stock to customer orders or request production schedule adjustments for urgent inquiries.
- Independently reply to customer requests and concerns. Escalate appropriately when necessary.
- Assist with the total upkeep, management, filing, etc. of documents that correspond to materials and finished goods.
- Follow up on order status, back orders, expediting, shipping discrepancies, product availability and missing documents.
- Respond to emails and enter invoice information and certificate of assurance information accurately and timely while ensuring customer information is accurate.
- Communicate customer learnings to the sales organization regarding their business development and areas that could impact BFI.
- Bachelor's degree preferred. High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- 3+ years of relevant customer service/order processing experience needed, preferably in the food, flavoring or ingredient industries. Must have experience working in the manufacturing industry
- Ideal candidate will have ability or background in taking charge and implementing departmental/system improvements.
- Attention to detail, ability to multi-task and accuracy is an absolute must
- Perform duties of the position with minimal supervision
- Ability to work and communicate with a diverse group of people and work in a team setting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good working knowledge of MS Office needed
- Experience with Sage ERP system highly desired or experience with other similar ERP system needed.
- Willing to work in office Monday - Friday while social distancing.
We are located less than a mile off of I-355. We have two locations. One in Addison, IL that primarily manufacturers sweet flavorings and our second location is in Branchburg, NJ. They manufacturer mainly savory flavorings. This position will be based out of Addison, IL. This is an excellent opportunity for advancement in to a customer service manager position and/or grow in other roles within the organization.
We offer a fun, entrepreneurial spirited, collaborative team environment. We're growing not only our products but BFI as a whole. We offer a competitive base pay, plus provide an amazing benefit package, with 401(k) match and a profit sharing plan!