|Date Posted||January 14, 2022|
At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow's transportation.
Do you have what it takes to make smart vehicles for a smart world? Join the Ford Product Development team. Utilizing Design Thinking User Experience methods, you'll work to deliver breakthrough products and services that delight our customers. We're seeking forward-thinking, laser-focused professionals with a passion for bringing innovative, exciting, and sustainable ideas to life. We have opportunities around the world for you to contribute to such advancements as autonomy, electrification, smart mobility technologies, and more!
What we do:
Join a growing team of engineers delivering a suite of features that give drivers a safer and more confident driving experience, including BlueCruise.
What you'll be able to do:
- Lead the implementation of existing DAT steering features to vehicle programs and ensure that program milestone deliverables are met on time.
- Ensure that program assumptions capture the correct feature requirements (including hardware, software, messaging and costs) and interfaces.
- Closely work with other functional teams to ensure that interfaces are cascaded in a timely manner.
- Ensure that the feature interface requirements are validated and met; and that feature performance objectives are met.
- Work with the core feature owners on feature performance issues found during program validation and signoffs.
- Work with Ford HIL and SIL teams to develop CAE test procedures for early identification of issues and reduce the dependencies on vehicle testing.
- Lead the resolution of issues to closure and manage design engineering changes.
- Support all program signoff activities on feature performance including vehicle calibration, testing and VoCF issue resolutions.
- Support continuous quality improvement and cost optimization for DAT Feature.
The minimum requirements we seek:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field.
- 1+ years of work experience in automotive in developing features and functions in Electrical, Chassis, Powertrain or Vehicle Engineering.
Our preferred requirements:
- Master of Science in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Experience in bench and vehicle level testing.
- Experience in developing features and functions in Chassis Engineering.
- Experience in program vehicle signoff and launch activities.
- Knowledge of Matlab, Simulink, dSpace, Microautobox, CANalyzer, or CANape.
What you'll receive in return:
As part of the Ford family, you'll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You'll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we'd love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is available for this position.
By choice, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's salary and benefits, please visit: