|Date Posted||April 30, 2021|
*This position can be remote !
The Database Development Manager - BI Engineering will support the process of data discovery, ingestion, transformation, staging and reporting to enable business intelligence and analytics. This position will be responsible for leading the architecture, design and implementation of technical applications and practices used to collect, integrate, analyze, and present organizational data to produce actionable insights. This includes providing oversight and technical guidance on all aspects of advanced data solutions to support both BI and Data Science teams. This position will be required to apply advanced data management practices with a high degree of business acumen in a highly matrixed organization.
Essential Duties and responsibilities
- Model, create, and manage BI data solutions to provide internal customers access to insights needed to drive business performance.
- Design and maintain stable data environments using a variety of on-prem and cloud-based offerings to ingest, process, publish, and manage data solutions supported by Business Intelligence.
- Develop data solutions, innovate with new services, and add platform enhancements to creatively meet business needs.
- Identify and develop efficient solutions to detect and cleanse data anomalies to ensure high quality output and insights.
- Analyze complex data systems and document data elements, data flow, relationships and dependencies to contribute to conceptual, logical data models
- Convert research and analyses into efficient data solutions including implications and recommendations specific to maintaining a high-quality data environment
- Develops project and process plans to lead and oversee the operationalization of insights within Enterprise Applications.
Bachelor's degree, or equivalent, in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related field.
Minimum 7 years of work experience in reporting and analytics experience; working with large qualities of raw, disorganized data
Experience, Knowledge and Tools
- Experience in analyzing data models and designing Data Engineering processes to enable business intelligence and analytics use cases and find opportunities for improvement in existing processes.
- Advanced understanding of data/process flow pipelines along with integration patterns.
- Advanced capabilities designing and optimizing production supported data models, star schemas, and/or data marts.
- Experience handling large volume data, both structured/unstructured data of various quality.
- Experience with managing data in cloud environments (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, Snowflake, Databricks etc.)
- Coding proficiency in at least one functional programming language: Python (preferred), Java, etc.
- Experience with Git and common CI/CD solutions.
- Experience and familiarity with BI platforms (e.g. Power BI, Business Objects, Tableau, Tableau CRM/Einstein Analytics, QlikView, Domo, Cognos, Hyperion, etc.)
- Expertise in Unit Testing, system testing and peer review. Must be able to bring data quality issues proactively and manage efficiently.
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com and CRM tools are a plus
- Knowledge of NoSQL, Graph, in-memory databases a plus.
- Strong project and process management skills; must be able to adapt to an agile development working model
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
- Minimum of 7 years' experience in Business Intelligence involved with development, programming and/or architecture.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by most people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities and requirements. - provided by Dice