|Date Posted||May 14, 2021|
Trades & Services
Job Title Diesel Mechanic Primary Location Kalispell, Montana Employee Type Employee Job Description
Who Are We?
WASTE CONNECTIONS, Inc. (NYSE:WCN) - We are an integrated solid waste services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling services. The Company serves more than 7 million residential, commercial and industrial customers across 39 states and 6 Canadian Provinces. Forbes Magazine voted Waste Connections as one of the Top 200 small & mid-cap Companies in America", 3 Years in a Row !
Click here to view a " Day in the Life " of our Mechanics:
Why you need to join us!
- CULTURE: It's a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self directed All-stars know what they do is important.
- INTEGRITY: Our definition is "saying what you will do and then doing it!" We keep our promises to our customers and our employees.
We are looking for a high energy Diesel Mechanic to join the team at Evergreen Disposal in Kalispell, MT. Previous waste experience would be a huge plus !
This will be a day shift - starting at 9am, Monday-Friday.
Pay will be around $22/hour, depending on experience.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform repairs and assigned preventative maintenance services. Performs inspections, diagnosis, and repair of electrical, hydraulics, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment.
- Utilize vehicle computer electronic systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Complete required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Reviews, completes, or assigns repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles and equipment.
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns.
- Class B CDL preferred or ability to obtain one within 90 days of employment
- Maintain a clean, safe work environment in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- Work environment may be indoors in a shop, or outdoors to repair trucks on the road. Usually well-lighted and ventilated. Sometimes necessary to work in awkward or tight positions and to handle greasy or dirty tools. These factors require following basic safety precautions.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Valid Class B CDL with air brakes endorsement preferred or the ability to obtain one within 90 days of employment.
- Ability to read, write, comprehend and communicate in English. High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Must provide own personal tools. Welding/fabrication experience a huge plus !
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)