|Date Posted||April 30, 2021|
Trades & Services
No Prior Experience Required
The simple act of caring is heroic
The Masonic Homes of California is a continuing care retirement community that also offers social services outside of our campuses. We are committed to a culture of person-centered care that makes a profound difference in the lives of our clients. We call this the Masonic Homes Way, and it is founded upon the pillars of Safety, Personal Connection, Experience, and Efficiency. From our line staff to our leaders, we strive to demonstrate excellence in serving our clients and place value on high quality job performance, professional development, workplace safety and client and employee satisfaction. We are team-oriented, caring and honest. We are dedicated to disciplined innovation and continuous quality improvement and are committed to sharing our knowledge and attracting the best and brightest talent.
The Dietary Aide role is a temporary position reporting to the Dietary Manager, for approximately 2 to 4 months with a possibility for a longer time. Temporary staff will have the opportunity to fill our open regular, full-time and part-time positions.
Essential duties include
- Assisting in Dietary Services with assisting in meal preparation and service, prep of utensils, and any tasks involving cleanup.
- Assisting in maintaining an orderly, safe and sanitary kitchen e.g., wash dishes, scrub floors, empty trash, clean refrigerators and freezers, clean kitchen equipment, etc.
- Serving residents in a courteous and professional manner.
- Reporting all accidents, unsafe/hazardous conditions immediately.
- Assisting if needed with trash pickup, cleanup, repairs, etc.
- Adhering to all policies regarding PPE, attendance, and absenteeism.
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience preferred but not required
At the Masonic Homes you will have the opportunity to combine your passion for helping people and high ethical standards with the opportunities to advance your career.
In return for your skills and passion, we offer
- Work at a Top Place to Work focused on teamwork and support
- Excellent health benefits with no deductible, new federal emergency paid sick leave and other benefits for you and your family's well-being - available to temporary hires
- A generous contribution to a 401K plan whether or not you participate, and an additional contribution from the company when you participate in the plan - available to temporary hires
- Investment in your growth through Tuition Reimbursement - $1,500 per year