|Date Posted||May 14, 2021|
Call Centre / CustomerService
Sertoma is currently seeking Full-Time Direct Support Professionals for our Residential Care Program, Day Program and ECF Program. Pay starts at $10.00 per hour with shift differentials where applicable.
At Sertoma, we offer competitive wages, paid job-related training, medical, dental, vision and life insurance for full-time employees; we also offer 401(k) retirement with up to 5% company match for full-time employees after 1 year of employment, generous personal paid time off for employees working 35-40 hours per week; and advancement opportunities.
Direct Support Professional Job Summary:
The Direct Support Professional performs a variety of tasks in order to assist individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities, better known as our persons served population. As a Direct Support Professional, or DSP, you will aid our persons served by providing them with an opportunity to live the life in the community they deserve, encouragement and guidance throughout their day-to-day life.
Direct Support Professional Job Responsibilities:
- Performs personal and health care related tasks with persons served such as basic personal hygiene and grooming, feeding, ambulation, medication administration
- Assists persons served in making their own decisions in day to day life
- Handles and documents confidential information
- Participates in trainings required by DIDD, ECF, and other agency requirements
- Ensures persons served safety by maintaining a safe environment
- Fosters a positive relationship between DSP and persons served
- Accompanies persons served to scheduled appointments and events
Direct Support Professional Qualifications / Skills:
- Communication (verbal and written)
- Flexibility through adapting to an ever-changing work environment
- Leadership capabilities
- Capable of handling certain physical aspects such as bending, lifting and standing
Direct Support Professional Employment Requirements:
- Prior experience in caregiving is preferred
- No prior experience as a DSP is needed
- Written and Verbal Bilingual Fluency is a plus
- Must be available to work at least one weekend shift per month
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 5 years of verifiable work history
- 3 years clean driving history with a valid Tennessee driver's license
Sertoma Center, Inc. is committed to equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. As a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual stereotyping, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other protected characteristic.
We participate in E-Verify
We participate in the Tennessee Drug-Free Workplace Program