|Date Posted||April 27, 2021|
Mining / Oil / Gas
A top energy storage company is searching for a Director of Business Development to lead their California region in the development of new energy storage projects. The business is giving grid operators the power to enhance grid performance, stability and responsiveness. They provide commercial and industrial customers, retail energy providers, Utilities, and Municipalities the right solution based specifically on their needs, including their load profile, their geographical location and the value drivers that deliver the optimal economic benefit.
The ideal candidate has experience in the CAISO landscape and navigating the regulations within it, bidding into utility and other RFPs, negotiating take-off agreements, and leading the interconnection process. The company is extremely committed to actively building new energy storage projects, so if you are interested in a high growth, fast paced and risk taking environment where you can turn your ambitious ideas into reality please apply.
Key points of the role:
- Develop new energy storage and renewables + storage projects, as well as supporting due diligence M&A efforts
- Identify off-take opportunities and business models, bidding into off-take RFPs, negotiating off-take agreements, permitting, interconnection, transmission
- Understanding of the CAISO power grid landscape and regulatory frameworks that directly impact the company's business models
- Build relationships with state agencies, transmission providers, contractors, consultants, policy-makers and regulatory agencies
- Performs feasibility studies and financial modeling of new projects and prospects