|Date Posted||May 18, 2021|
DOCUMENT CONTROL SPECIALIST
located in Seattle, Washington
NO RECRUITERS PLEASE
JTS is currently seeking a candidate for a Document Control Specialist position to support Construction Management teams in the Seattle area. The candidate for this position must be a self-starter, quick learner, and adaptable in a fast pace environment.
Jimale Technical Services provides construction management and project controls services for major public works projects including transit, rail, aviation and wastewater capital improvements facilities. Our passion for excellence has helped our clients like Tacoma Public Schools, Sound Transit, WSDOT, King county and other agencies successfully deliver successful projects for nearly 30 years.
- The requirements for this position include but are not limited to the following list of knowledge, skills, abilities and project experience:
- Minimum 3-5 years Sound Transit Rail Experience.
- Minimum 3-5 years construction, SharePoint and Adobe Pro experience.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience performing document control tasks.
- Ability to support and assist in the daily functions of project construction management office.
- Proficient in maintaining and processing construction documents.
- Collect, retain, retrieve, distribute, and transmit project records, including baseline documents, reference documents, project reports, communications and transmittals, engineering drawings, and contract documents.
- Ability to provide written summaries of potential changes, substitutions, monthly reports and meeting notes.
- Maintain project files in hard-copy and electronic retention systems. Retention of electronic files is primarily accomplished through scanning, posting, and indexing original documents.
- Experience in filing and scanning documents into an electronic document management system such as SharePoint and maintaining files for multiple Engineering and Construction projects.
- Ability to maintain document retention and tracking system which ensures that all relevant documents, permits, correspondence, and RFIs are logged, retained, and responded to as appropriate.
- Ability to identify, categorize and code documents, maintain files, and file/retrieve documents from hard copy filing systems.
- Conduct periodic quality assurance audits on document files and databases.
- Support contract closeout activities
- Assist one or more project managers with the timely retrieval of documents.
- Conduct daily oral communication with the client, engineering, construction management, operations, and contractor staff.
- Ability to recommend practices, reference other resources, and distinguish between required policies, procedures, and informational resources and guidance within the construction manual.
- Strong oral and written communications skills and the ability to apply appropriate communication techniques to various audiences.
- Strong writing and editing skills of the English language
- Ability to handle multiple assignments at the same time.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to prioritize the daily work load to meet deadlines.
- Ability to be organized, accurate, and timely.
- Excellent computer systems skills with working knowledge of computer relational databases, Excel spreadsheets, and Adobe Pro.
- Positive customer service orientation.
- Construction Document Technologist (CDT) certification.
- Strong interpersonal skills required, demonstrating a consistent commitment and ability to work with diverse work groups and individuals.
- Education and Experience Related experience may substitute for education on a year for year basis.
What We Look For In Ideal Candidates
- Major consideration will be given to candidates who have experience performing document control duties for projects related to Sound Transit, King County Wastewater Treatment Division, City of Seattle, K-12, and/or other similar public agencies.
- Candidates should have experience working in the industries of schools, light rail, transit, wastewater or heavy civil construction work.
- Familiarity with state and local government agencies and the ability to interpret and apply relevant policies.
- Knowledge of public works contracting, including engineering services and construction contracting; knowledge of construction terms, procedures, requirements, and regulations.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Depends on Experience
#JTS Powered by JazzHR