|Date Posted||April 30, 2021|
Lindsay Corporation is a global company, headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska, focused on providing irrigation and infrastructure solutions to meet the needs of a growing population. As one of the worldâs leading providers of irrigation and water management, its Zimmatic systems are operating in more than 90 countries. Lindsay Corporationâs infrastructure division offers a wide range of products that aid in roadway maintenance and transportation safety. Since 1955, Lindsay Corporation has been at the forefront of research and development of products and services designed to meet the needs of a constantly evolving world.
Lindsay Corporation is hiring a dynamic Electrical Engineering Technician, who is customer focused and is passionate about making products safer, more reliable and durable. This position will report to the Engineering Manager with direction/tasks from the engineers and test requests. In this position, the successful candidate will assist with assembling and testing/validating Lindsay prototypes and products, both in laboratory as well as in the field (outdoor/farm).
This is a full-time, Omaha, NE based position. 40 hrs/week, and covers all hourly employee benefits. Expected travel required:15-25% to various test sites, locally and nationally.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist engineers with the construction of prototypes, installation of prototypes (in the farm field), perform lab and field testing on Lindsay products (primarily electrical and firmware; but some mechanical) and resolve issues with a strong sense of urgency, accountability, and committed to timelines.
- Assist technical teams with recommendations to resolve problems, roadblocks or equipment malfunctions that impact the performance or validity of Lindsay products.
- Assist engineering teams with defining product and test requirements, prepare samples, and develop test fixtures.
- Perform Root Cause Analysis, assist with developing corrective and preventative actions to ensure continual improvement and risk mitigation.
- Work efficiently with various stake holders and teams to support the need and growth of Lindsay
- Working knowledge of IPC standards for soldering standards
- 2-year degree with in field technical experience or 4-year degree in Electronics, Electrical Controls, Electrical Engineering Technology, or Electromechanical Engineering Technology; or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of electrical systems and working knowledge of the National Electrical code.
- Valid driver's license and willing to travel with company supplied vehicle.
- Working understanding of proper electrical safety protocols for voltages up to 480 VAC.
- Equipment familiarity:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; Proficient on MS office
- Previous knowledge and experience of working on Irrigation pivots is highly preferred
- Ability to communicate technical problems and solutions to train and outline problems.
- Experience with visual basic, python or similar programming language for data control and acquisition.
- Equipment familiarity:
- Spectrum analyzer
- Communication analyzer (for network or cell services) (preferred)