|Date Posted||April 28, 2021|
Mining / Oil / Gas
Trades & Services
The M-1 Rail, a non-profit organization, formed in 2007 to lead the design, construction, and operation of the QLINE Detroit, is looking for a Utility Electrical Technician to conduct tests and assessments of electrical systems and supports repairs of the QLINE Streetcars.
- Repair, install, replaces, and tests electrical circuits and equipment;
- Conduct test and assessments of new systems and supports repairs to ensure quality;
- Troubleshoot complex electrical and controls systems;
- Operate and maintains 480VAC, 120VAC, and 480VDC power systems and low voltage control circuits;
- Respond quickly to all service requests and efficiently troubleshoot and repair electrical systems;
- Read and interprets electrical and electronic circuit blueprints, diagrams, and schematics;
- Communicate estimated timelines for repairs to those impacted;
- Support preventative maintenance on a regular schedule;
- Log all services and report progress to management;
- Administer work to underground utility locations and supports 3rd party construction contractors;
- Utilize and stores all equipment properly;
- Adhere to all safety and security practices.
- High school diploma or equivalent; associate degree in electrical technology/ technology preferred (US Military experience accepted);
- Valid Driver license (Ability to qualify for a CDL within 90 days);
- Must be able to pass all DOT physical requirements;
- Two+ years working as an electrical technician;
- Experience working with electrical distribution systems
- Extensive knowledge of electrical systems, wiring, and all necessary test equipment;
- Able to read blueprints, wiring diagrams, and technical drawings/manuals;
- Must be able to work indoors and outdoors under various weather conditions.
M-1 Rail is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Powered by JazzHR