|Date Posted||May 12, 2021|
Trades & Services
Advantage XPO is currently searching for Machine Operators for PaperWorks Industries, a leading manufacturer of paperboard and packaging solutions. This position will be based in their Baldwinsville, NY location.
PaperWorks is a leading, integrated North American full-service provider of 100% recycled paperboard and specialized folding cartons for packaging applications. Founded in 2008 and headquartered in Philadelphia, PA, we are committed to the highest sustainable forestry and procurement standards.
We want our team members to be proud of the essential work they do, our commitment to the environment, and the overall company. As part of our culture journey to be recognized as a Great Place to Work, we continue to invest heavily in our people, our company culture and in state-of-the-art technology to be at the forefront of innovation and market differentiation. PaperWorks' products are certified by the Forest Stewardship Council and 100% Recycled Paperboard Alliance.
Our purpose is clear. Deliver innovative, value-added packaging solutions to the world while making it a better place for all.
The Maintenance technician is responsible for maintaining, troubleshooting, repairing, and improving production and auxiliary equipment and installing new equipment.
- Troubleshoots and assesses root causes or deficiencies in electro-mechanical equipment
- Diagnoses and executes repairs in a safe and efficient manner
- Communicates status of work orders or emergency repairs to supervisor or manager and enlists further resources as needed.
- Consults with operators, maintenance supervisor or manager, and other end-users to determine safest and most cost effective repairs.
- Always looks for ways to save time and money in repairs, preventative maintenance, and outsourcing opportunities
- Keep equipment operating safely by enforcing proper use in accordance with operating instructions, troubleshooting breakdowns, and managing preventive maintenance and repairs.
- Three plus years' experience and training in mechanical and electrical functions of production equipment in an industrial setting.
- Proficiency in electrical troubleshooting and ability to read and interpret electrical schematics
- Ability to read and interpret information, furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables and implement solutions to correct.
- Ability to utilize computerized systems for tracking maintenance work; able to communicate and perform other necessary functions using Microsoft tools.
- Must be detail oriented, organized and energetic.