|Date Posted||January 15, 2022|
ADMA Biologics is a biopharmaceutical company relentlessly committed to creating superior products for immunodeficient patients at risk for infection. It is our devotion to this underserved population that fuels us and our hands-on approach to production and development that sets us apart. If you are looking for a dynamic, innovative, growing company in the biopharmaceutical industry that is committed to excellence and integrity, then consider ADMA Biologics. We currently have an exciting opportunity available for an Engineering Technician to provide technical support to manufacturing, engineering and other departments!
- Works on assignments that may be complex in nature and where considerable judgment and initiative may be required to resolve electrical, electro-mechanical or mechanical problems and make recommendations.
- Applies standard electrical, mechanical, electromechanical, and /or optical procedures and tests in such areas as manufacturing, development, maintenance, quality, testing, and engineering.
- Constructs, inspects, adjusts, tests, documents, and maintains equipment, components, devices and systems following proper procedures and instructions
- Provides guidance, training, and direction to junior or non-technical employees.
- On call to support 24/7 manufacturing operations, utilities, facilities as required to maintain uninterrupted production.
- Creates/edits maintenance and technical procedures.
- Follows Standard Operating Procedures, Protocols, Work Orders, Company Policies, and work instructions from supervisors while performing his / her work functions. Performs all work in adherence to the Company's cGMP and safety standards and procedures.
- Maintains, organizes, and keeps all engineering and other company documentation associated with ADMA's manufacturing equipment in an orderly manner. Contributes to the development and improvement of these documents.
- Sets up, adjusts, operates, maintains, and cleans any of ADMA's manufacturing equipment. Selects appropriate tools and instrumentation to carry out these functions and ensures that these are properly calibrated and are fully functional before being used. Provides new techniques to improve existing maintenance systems.
- Accurately inspects and measures critical aspects of electromechanical components; creates and/or follows engineering drawings and wiring diagrams. Works from specifications, drawings, manuals, sketches, and verbal instructions.
- Able to accurately measure and inspect mechanical, electromechanical, or electrical parts and equipment using complex metrology equipment (oscilloscope, voltmeters, indicators, comparators, microscopes, micrometers, etc).
- Examines equipment, machinery, building components and associated mechanical and electrical components to determine condition and need for work and determines need for replacement parts or repairs. Able to search for hard-to-find items using a search engine in a computer.
- Assist with the fabrication of new or custom-built manufacturing, research, development, and test equipment. Including software and hardware related development.
- Applies an extensive practical experience and knowledge base to develop alternative solutions to electrical / electronic or mechanical problems which may be of a difficult and / or unusual nature.
- Accurately complete the required documentation (logbooks, work orders, data entry, data sheets etc.) pertaining to installation, maintenance, spare parts holding and troubleshooting of ADMA's manufacturing equipment. Adhere to ADMA policies regarding cGMP Good Documentation Practices.
- Work closely with team and group members to achieve defined goals, and communicate effectively in recording work performed, and in offering feedback and improvement recommendations based on observations and work experience.
- Performs operational functional testing, troubleshooting, and debugging of components, sub-assemblies and systems to isolate faults and suggest remedies and recommendations for changes in product or test method in a team environment
- Writes technical reports and develops charts, graphs, and schematics to describe and illustrate systems/tests operating characteristics, malfunctions, deviations from design specifications, and functional limitations.
- Executes IQ/OQ protocols related to equipment installation and/or modification. Performs process/product tests and audits for conformity to quality and/or regulatory requirements. Records test procedures and results.
- Performs such individual assignments and related duties as the supervisor may direct; establishes and maintains effective work relationship within the department, facility, and company.
- Participates/leads in the design, development, execution, and support of engineering projects including the drafting of technical documentation/procedures.
- Contributes to the design of tools and equipment that are critical to ADMA operations.
- Conducts testing and troubleshooting of equipment and incorporates lessons learned in future improvements/projects.
- Capable of working on equipment and processes with minor supervision and takes the lead in developing improved solutions, including collaborating with vendors.
- Regularly providing design ideas and equipment improvements independently as well as in collaboration with fellow team members.
- Ensuring all equipment/processes are performing as designed with a broad consideration of all potential contributing variables including those outside of immediate control.
- Managing of tasks and assignments to guarantee the timely execution with a high level of certainty on their success.
- Working closely with several departments to provide continual support, resolve issues and coordinate additional testing, as needed.
- Development of cost reduction project using lean tools.
- Developing positive relationships with fellow employees to ensure equipment improvements contain the needed requirements and that changes are met with minimized interruptions to current process.
- Continually providing support and guidance to ensure transfer of equipment and process knowledge is sufficient in a continuous effort to improve equipment functionality and reduce downtime.
Education Requirements: Associate's degree in related field preferred, or equivalent technical training.
Experience Requirements: Three to six years of professional experience. Good written and verbal communication skills in English. Knowledge of CGMPs and FDA CFR's. AutoCAD and PLC programming/ troubleshooting a plus. Degree or equivalent and years of experience.
In addition to competitive compensation, we offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- 401K plan with employer match and immediate vesting
- Medical, Vision, Life and Dental Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Company paid STD and LTD
- Company Paid Holidays
- 3 Weeks' Paid Time Off (within the first year)
- Tuition Assistance (after the first year)
- Easily accessible to Tri-Rail
- Company paid shuttle to the Boca Tri-Rail station
ADMA Biologics uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit
ADMA Biologics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.