|Date Posted||May 12, 2021|
- Understands the financial impact of projects on the department and has an overall clear picture of what projects will look like when they are done.
- Understands the needs of customers, the expense to the company and beginning and end dates.
- Meets company's revenue and margin goals.
Long term planning and vision/Leadership
- Understands current means and methods and is committed to continuous learnings around M&M.
- Understands company limitations and ensures jobs that are bid on are within those limits or if they are not, that there is a strategic decision for a long term positive gain.
- Awareness of industry regulations and changes along with market changes and industry forecasts.
- Drives revenue goals and departmental KPI's while also setting and achieving backlog targets.
- Recognize and respond to the need for new markets.
- Part of the strategic planning of goals in the company.
- Assesses customers, specifically regarding risk analysis and customer potential identification.
- Participates in post contract/job analysis.
- Coordinate and assist with production on contracts
Technical Skills/Estimating Expert
- Clearly understands the scope of work, including the cost of the work being estimated.
- Handles bids from estimation through the hand off of the project while coordinating with production.
- Has or finds clear data to understand costs of work.
- Has knowledge and understanding of risk factors (including upside and potential downside risk) and anticipates potential problems and obstacles.
- Understands the financial impact of completed projects, the needs of customers and the expense to company.
- Reviews bids and completes assessments of current and potential customers.
- Fully understands contractual obligations, contract specifications and contract review.
- Creates a clear roadmap from beginning to the end for projects.
- Responsible for the supervision of personnel. Recognizes skills sets of members on the team and trains as required.
- Identifies team gaps and trains or hires as necessary.
- Participates in post contract/job analysis meetings.
- Builds and maintains strong subcontractor and customer relations. Has knowledge of and understands the competition in the marketplace.
- Is involved in trade associations in order to make new contacts and to maintain current relationships.
- Strong contact with key players in their jurisdictional areas.
- Strong relationships and frequent contact with builders, developers, governmental agencies.
Business Development stretch
- Sources and oversees the sourcing of projects.
- Secures profitable and competitive work that is best suited for the company.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS, & EXPERIENCE:
- Estimating Strategy & Management
- Demonstrates an understanding of degrees of uncertainty that apply to estimates as they are developed throughout the project life cycle. Uses this knowledge to identify assumptions and risks to develop contingency proposals for the project.
- Ensures a suitable number of relevant experts are used to prepare estimates and that the resulting ranges of estimates are used to prepare an overall estimate, together with optimistic and pessimistic targets for each task.
- Ensures that estimates are continually reviewed and revised as and when new information becomes available and more is known about the project.
- Provide life-cycle costing for various estimating components. Top-Down Conceptual Estimating
- Ensures, whenever possible, that comparative techniques are used, e.g. estimates are based on previous experience and usage statistics.
- Uses the parametric technique where bottom-up is not feasible and/or comparative data is not available.
- Normalizes top-down estimates to reflect project factors such as escalation, currency, local market conditions. Bottom-Up Measurement Based Estimating
- Able to Produce detailed estimates in a timely and efficient manner. Estimating Systems
- Co-ordinate the cost data analysis and feedback process from contractors' tenders and project closeout.
- Ensure robust auditing process are applied and maintained.
- Select and Implement Estimating database systems
- Develop and promote estimating good practice. Project Controls
- Integrate estimating data into Cost and Schedule management processes and tools
- Display a knowledge and applied understanding of Earned Value Management
- Ability to clearly document report and communicate estimate information to all project stakeholders
- Display a confident understanding of industry standard scheduling and cost management tools