|Date Posted||May 16, 2021|
Love Where You Work!
If working for a team of dynamic professionals that create award winning projects for some of the world's most successful companies sounds exciting, rand* construction corporation is where you want to be. We are seeking a dynamic Estimator that is looking for a company where they can apply their experience in helping the company grow through successful bidding.
What you'll do: The Estimator is responsible for bidding and estimating commercial construction projects which includes subcontractor scope definition activities. They are responsible for providing accurate estimates and endeavor to be the lowest responsible bid in order to provide the company with sufficient profitable work to meet its goals. They are responsible for maintaining a qualified database of subcontractors to assure the company's competitiveness in bidding and ability to perform work to appropriate standards.
Why rand*? In addition to industry standard benefits of health, dental and vision insurance, rand* offers performance-based bonuses, 401K match, tuition reimbursement and no-interest loans to qualified employees. We are proud to consistently be named a "Best Place to Work" by local Business Journals, the Washington Post and Washingtonian Magazine. Our culture of excellence has produced close to 200 Industry awards for our quality of work from the following associations: Associated Builders and Contractors, Washington Building Congress, NAIOP, USGBC, IIDA and AIA. Most importantly, we love to promote from within. 80% of our Executive Leadership began their careers at rand* in our entry level position of Assistant Project Manager.
Qualified Candidates will possess the following:
- BS/BA in Engineering or Construction Management recommended but not required
- Minimum of 4 years of experience estimating/project management commercial construction projects required
- Ability to analyze project drawings, specifications and RFPs
- Proven ability to multi-task in a high volume, time sensitive/deadline environment
Preferred Candidates will also possess the following skills:
- Professional demeanor.
- Strong problem -solving skills.
- Ability to develop strong subcontractor relationships.
- Reliable and dependable.
- Ability to identify potential project risks.
- Strong organization, documentation, computer and communication skills.
rand* is an Equal Opportunity Employer