|Date Posted||January 14, 2022|
OUR COMPANY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER THAT DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF AN INDIVIDUAL'S RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, DISABILITY, VETERAN'S STATUS OR ANY OTHER CHARACTERISTIC PROTECTED BY FEDERAL, STATE OR LOCAL LAW
Construction Specialties, Inc.
Founded in 1948, Construction Specialties (CS) is a specialty building products manufacturer. CS provides solutions to building challenges that architects, designers, building owners, facility managers, and contractors face every day. Since inventing the first extruded louver, CS has become a global leader in all our product categories. Our products are a part of some of the most iconic buildings around the world - from the world's tallest tower, Burj Khalifa in Dubai, to the Oculus at the World Trade Center Transit Hub in Manhattan. If you want to work in an inspiring atmosphere and collaborate with customers and colleagues to solve challenges, we're the right place for you. CS: Making Buildings Better
SCOPE OF POSITION:
Interprets product requirements from takeoffs, specifications, architectural drawings, material, labor and finished costs to create sales quotations & change orders. Corresponds with field representatives, architects, subcontractors/contractors and internal personnel in preparation of sales quotations in an office environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, including but not necessarily limited to the following:
- Interprets customer requirement from drawing, verbal or written specifications.
- Prepares and revises bids based upon contract documents, verbal and written requests, material, labor and finish costs.
- Corresponds and contacts sales reps to obtain missing info, recommends change or substitution to improve cost, delivery, or product.
- Interacts with sales reps and internal personnel to provide accurate quotations & change orders.
- Assists in providing information & details for order entry, drafting, production and layout of orders received.
- Provides technical product support to designers and customers as related to the quotes.
- Custom product pricing, modifying existing pricing programs, creating new pricing programs & coordinating with specialty vedors as required.
- Assist department supervisor with new Estimator onboarding / training.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management
- Reports directly to the department supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE/ SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE/ EDUCATION: (Minimum Education and/or Experience required)
- Bachelor's degree, and/or 5+ years related experience
- Demonstrated knowledge in reading/interpreting architectural drawings and specifications
- "Key Account" management experience preferred
- Knowledge in design basics, construction documents and fabrication methods preferred
- Architectural drafting background or related material take-off experience helpful
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize workload and schedule effectively
- Communication skills necessary to work effectively with both internal and external customers including contractors, sales reps, and manufacturing personnel
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word)
- Problem solving, strategical thinking, decision making skills
- Prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Strong organizational skills
- Knowledge of CRM/Salesforce.
- Travel 5%
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES :
PRIMARY LOCATION: US-NJ-Lebanon
TRAVEL: Yes, 5 % of the Time
EMPLOYEE TYPE: Full-Time Regular