|Date Posted||January 14, 2022|
Trades & Services
Bakersfield Behavioral is in search of a motivated, dedicated, dependable and experienced housekeeper to join our Environmental Services Department. The qualified candidate will perform assigned cleaning duties to maintain a safe/clean environment. The successful candidate will be trained on various cleaning methods specific to our facility to include but not limited to proper application of germicides/disinfectants, hard surface/carpet cleaning techniques, proper isolation/packaging and disposal of hazardous waste. The successful candidate will understand the importance of proper personal protective equipment use while performing duties. The position is a full-time position, rotating shifts and at times will require weekend/holiday work schedules.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provides quality service to patients, staff, and visitors.
* Sweeps, scrubs, mops and polishes floors.
* Vacuums carpets, rugs and draperies.
* Dusts and polishes furniture.
* Cleans metal fixtures and fittings.
* Empties and cleans trash containers.
* Disposes of trash in a sanitary manner.
* Replenish linen as needed.
* Cleans wash basins, mirrors, tubs and showers.
* Wipes down glass surfaces.
* Makes up beds and changes linens as required.
* Realigns furniture and amenities accordingly.
* Responds accordingly to cleaning requests when needed.
* Responds to calls for housekeeping, such as spills, etc.
* Contributes to team efforts; exhibits professionalism with patients, staff and others.
* Attention to detail is a must
* Must be able to work effectively with mulitple department, and multiple levels of service
* Must have the ability to read, write and speak English and have understanding of numerical systmems
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Must have High School Diploma or equivalent.
Must have recent 4 months experience in Housekeeping/Environmental Services.
Must be willing to work rotating shifts, weekends, holidays.
Medical, Dental and Vision insurance benefits for Full Time employees along with personal time off hours (vacation hrs).
Sick time hours according to CA State law to all employees
401k offer to all employees.