|Date Posted||May 15, 2021|
Trades & Services
An Industry Leader in Newburgh, NY is looking for experienced HVAC Installers!
Based in Newburgh, NY, they set the standard for green heating, cooling, plumbing, and electrical systems throughout Orange, Dutchess, Putnam, Ulster, and Rockland Counties. Our client has the knowledge and expertise to help homeowners and businesses save money and reduce their carbon footprint. They pride themselves on abiding by a strict code of ethics when it comes to their customers, community, and employees.
They treat every member of our team with respect and fairness. Hiring and retaining people of integrity is essential to their success. They take the responsibility to their team seriously. They assign technicians to jobs according to their knowledge and provide on-going paid training to all of our employees. They offer top pay, excellent benefits, opportunities for advancement, and positive work culture.
The HVAC installation technician is responsible for accurately installing HVAC equipment in residential structures. Ideal candidates will have knowledge of HVAC equipment, codes, and proper installation procedures.
- Replace any heating, air conditioning, or refrigeration equipment or complete systems.
- Test electrical circuits and components for continuity, using electrical test equipment.
- Test pipe or tubing joints and connections for leaks, using a pressure gauge or soap-and-water solution.
- Join pipes or tubing to the equipment and to the fuel, water, or refrigerant source in order to form a complete circuit.
- Lay out and connect electrical wiring between the controls and equipment according to the wiring diagram, using an electrician's hand tools.
- Obtain and maintain required certifications.
- Install, connect, and adjust thermostats, humidistats, and timers, using hand tools.
- Comply with all applicable standards, policies, and procedures, including safety procedures and the maintenance of a clean work area.
- Inspect and test systems to verify compliance with plans and specifications and to detect and locate malfunctions.
- Knowledge of HVAC codes and proper application; knowledge of proper electrical and HVAC safety.
- Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions in person-to-person and small group situations with internal and external customers.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, customer-focused work environment; ability to balance workload with technicians' and customers' needs.
- Ability to establish rapport with customers.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use discretion with information.
- Ability to read and understand documents such as policy manuals, safety rules, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Must have strong math skills.
- Ability to utilize common-sense understanding in order to carry out written, oral, or diagrammed instructions.
- Ability to take timely action to effectively solve problems, using established policies and procedures.
- 2 years of HVAC field experience.
- Valid driver's license.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to explain technical information to non-technical customers.
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
- Dispatched from Home
- Health Reimbursement
- On-going Training Company
- Truck Provided
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, veteran status, disability, or other protected category. We are an equal opportunity employer. Pre-employment background check and drug test are required to be considered for this position.
Are you tired of living paycheck to paycheck? Are you a service technician looking for the right company to build a successful, long-term career with? Is customer satisfaction your number one motivator? Apply today to be part of the exceptional team!
Powered by JazzHR