|Date Posted||April 8, 2021|
Job Title: Facilities Architect
Collaborate with Innovative 3Mers Around the World
Choosing where to start and grow your career has a major impact on your professional and personal life, so it's equally important you know that the company that you choose to work at, and its leaders, will support and guide you. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place where you can collaborate with 93,000 other curious, creative 3Mers.
"3M's culture is driven by curious, spirited and collaborative people who are constantly asking 'What if?' And the many talents of 3Mers around the globe have me incredibly excited about what's to come next." - Kristen Ludgate, senior vice president of Human Resources at 3M
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
The Impact You'll Make in this Role
As a Facilities Architect you will have the opportunity to tap into your curiosity and collaborate with some of the most innovative and diverse people around the world. Here, you will make an impact by:
- Provide design of administrative and manufacturing spaces for 3M facilities and process support.
- Oversee design work by consultants for assigned projects.
- Manage project timelines and budgets for assigned projects.
- Successfully interact with multiple discipline teams including 3M plant personnel, consultants, suppliers and vendors.
- Communicate effectively to project team, facility staff and project owners.
- Gain understanding of applicable codes and guidelines to ensure designs meet standards
Your Skills and Expertise
To set you up for success in this role from day one, 3M requires (at a minimum) the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Architecture or closely related field (completed and verified prior to start) from an accredited university
- Seven (7) years of experience in Architectural Design in a private, public, government or military environment
Additional qualifications that could help you succeed even further in this role include:
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Architecture or Master of Architecture.
- Ten (10) years of experience designing building and sustainable facility systems for industrial buildings and processes
- Professional License
- Proficient in project management skills (timeline & budget development, coordination)
- Proficient in Site/Building/Space functional programming
- Knowledge of Building Codes and jurisdictional requirements
- Experience using electronic tools for design, documentation and communication including AutoCad and Revit software design programs.
- Team player with the ability to contribute in a matrix environment
- Construction Administration experience including submittal review, construction site visits and contractor interaction.
Travel: May include up to 25% Domestic travel
Relocation Assistance: May be authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Supporting Your Well-being
3M offers many programs to help you live your best life - both physically and financially. To ensure competitive pay and benefits, 3M regularly benchmarks with other companies that are comparable in size and scope.
Resources for You
For more details on what happens before, during and after the interview process, check out the Insights for Candidates page at 3M.com/careers.