|Date Posted||May 16, 2021|
Trades & Services
The Facilities Maintenance Technician ensures that facilities are available for use and consistently maintained in a safe and clean condition, repairing any maintenance problems when they are discovered, and assisting with a variety of facilities projects as needed. This person will be required to perform a wide range of repair tasks between multiple locations between Northern Virginia and Richmond. This position will pay between $37,000 - $45,000.
- Areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to, carpentry, painting, plumbing, and electrical trades work. Operates a variety of maintenance and cleaning tools and equipment; and performs related work as required.
- Performing routine maintenance such as fixing structural damage, for example, drywall repair, door repair, etc.
- Repairing broken or leaking plumbing to avoid water damage and restore full use of water fixtures
- Climbing ladders to change showroom lightbulbs
- Applying preventative measures to the building to reduce the risk of future problems
- Fixing potential safety hazards to avoid injuries
Knowledge and Experience:
- Perform semi-skilled facility maintenance, to include light plumbing, carpentry, and electrical work.
- Safely and effectively use, operate, and maintain equipment and tools.
- Understand, interpret, and apply all pertinent laws, codes, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Independently organize work, set priorities, meet deadlines, and follow up on assignments.
- Demonstrate strong customer service skills and establish, maintain, and foster positive and effective working relationships.
- Maintain records and files on work performed.
- Have a good driving record
- Have the ability to travel between multiple locations within a 100 mile radius
- Perform heavy manual labor, to include lifting up to 75 lbs
- Standing for long periods of time
- Crouching, kneeling, and bending frequently
- Climb Ladders
- Health and Dental
- Employee Discount
Powered by JazzHR